Wholescale League Changes For Brentford? | Vital Football

Wholescale League Changes For Brentford?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
The Football League have confirmed that Brentford have received a 'discussion document' that details proposed major changes to the make up of the game in this country.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?447534">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Struggling to see the real benefits ( not that rather wishy washy list in the article) for most FL clubs and suspect this is more about making life better for the PL. Reducing the number of clubs in each division lowers income through less games and increases the chances of relegation, how is that good news?. Fixture congestion is only really a problem for the top few clubs in the PL with the ever bloating European leagues and yet again we are pandering to their needs.

I really can't see the FL clubs voting for this.

If they want to do anything I would dump the Charity Shield and the League Cup, nobody takes the latter seriously ( not even a club like us) and it ends up being an irritation and a minor piece of software for one of the bigger PL clubs.

Agree Kentbee, probably a back door ploy by the PL to get the B teams in. What would SKY and BT sport do with all those hours of scheduling to fill, if all FL games go out on Saturdays? Does anyone really believe this is what will happen? I do think midweek games adversely affect London clubs, as the fan base is typically transient these days and not living close to the ground. Maybe the London clubs could discuss this independently with the FL to seek help. Maybe the JPT, League Cup will have to go and we move the FA cup to midweek. Not my preference but better than these new proposals.

I wonder if the real agenda is the FA cup, making it mid week and doing away with replays ( the PL have long been after this). Personally I really like mid week games, nothing better than GP under floodlights

If the PL want to mess with the FL structure they should be told bluntly to come back with a very large slice of that new TV deal to share out, them maybe FL clubs will take more notice. They claim to want less games & a winter break but will still go off touring Asia and the US after the Euros.

Never about the fans is it.