Who would you like to sign a new contract next? | Vital Football

Who would you like to sign a new contract next?

As there has been very little mention of Scully and him being able to leave for nothing in the summer, you would expect he has at least an automatic additional year clause written in somewhere. That could be dependent on appearances etc so even though it’s been quiet over Anthony, the fantastic way the club is now run, you can’t imagine it’s not already been sorted?

No brainer - extension to MA's contract MUST now become the priority.

Players (however good) can always be replaced....... as to a point can managers. What you can't replace is the philosophy, tactical knowledge, coaching ability and approach that a manager often has.

I would be very happy for MA to get a contract extension, however would MA want to carry on longer here after a 4 year project?

Just throwing this into the mixer, because maybe he would feel he deserves the right to manage higher and at a bigger club?

Its all conjecture obviously, but similar to the Scully and Anderson situation, you would imagine Clive and the board have a timeframe in place and regular dialogue as to how to safeguard the longevity of success we are currently experiencing.

I would be very happy for MA to get a contract extension, however would MA want to carry on longer here after a 4 year project?

Just throwing this into the mixer, because maybe he would feel he deserves the right to manage higher and at a bigger club?

Its all conjecture obviously, but similar to the Scully and Anderson situation, you would imagine Clive and the board have a timeframe in place and regular dialogue as to how to safeguard the longevity of success we are currently experiencing.

I've got to be honest; Michael strikes me as a very ambitious manager, which is great, but it also means that if we go up, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes an offer from a top Championship or lower Premiership club at some point next season. I also wouldn't begrudge him the move. Realistically, I don't think he's going to stay beyond his existing contract. If we go up, he will have achieved what he set out to do.

Extending Appleton's contract would really be an exercise in compensation, it would not tie him to us any more that it already does. Remember, he is already a millionaire and doesn't obviously need big money (and remembering he has already taken a pay cut anyway). One thing is for sure: if he does get Lincoln promoted, he will be on a lot of hit lists; and those clubs will be bigger clubs with the wherewithal to pay the relevant compensation clause. Therefore, make it a substantial one.

I do feel Appleton is only here for the three and a half years of his contract, he made that much clear when he first came. I think we would have to convince him we have premier league pedigree for him to change his mind, which is doubtful short term. If we can just improve terms (higher wages but bigger release clause) then great!

Players: Scully for sure, given his contract is up in the summer. I cant think of any other players contract the is imminent?

He will probably go to Huddersfield, the perfect opportunity.
I notice they are towards the very bottom of the form table, sinking like a brick and have signed 34-year-old centre half Richard Keogh. Their shiny new Spanish manager has a worse win percentage than Danny and Nicky, yet strangely their fans seem happy enough because they're playing "nice" football. Not won since the 29th of December...perhaps worth a bet on relegation? I was going to put a tenner on at the start of the season but forgot.

I notice they are towards the very bottom of the form table, sinking like a brick and have signed 34-year-old centre half Richard Keogh. Their shiny new Spanish manager has a worse win percentage than Danny and Nicky, yet strangely their fans seem happy enough because they're playing "nice" football. Not won since the 29th of December...perhaps worth a bet on relegation? I was going to put a tenner on at the start of the season but forgot.

Careful, you'll set Riiiikk off. :lol:

As there has been very little mention of Scully and him being able to leave for nothing in the summer, you would expect he has at least an automatic additional year clause written in somewhere. That could be dependent on appearances etc so even though it’s been quiet over Anthony, the fantastic way the club is now run, you can’t imagine it’s not already been sorted?

MA hasn’t even mentioned him when they talked contract discussions which leaves to believe we have an extra year extension on Scullys contract - otherwise his contract would have been looked at earlier surely 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wait until they drop into the relegation zone! The fans will suddenly start demanding results then!