Who would sacrifice their s/t refund for a couple of free friendlies? | Vital Football

Who would sacrifice their s/t refund for a couple of free friendlies?

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
Just a thought but could the club not do this whe anyone who doesn’t ask for refund gets 2 vouchers for a friendly game when football finally restarts.

Surely that is economically better than taking money away from the club at this point and as the friendliest have to be played anyway surely a couple of home fire flies for us to watch isn’t going to break the bank as much as the refunds would?

who wants to put their hand up and suggest it to them?

just to note here that I am happy to give up my money completely but some may not be and I can see this as an alternative

I doubt fans will be allowed to attend friendlies this side of next season so the idea might not be a goer in the first place.

Knowing Scally, he'll probably offer a free 10% discount voucher to be spent in the club shop.

Scally has got to be careful about what he tries to appease season ticket holders with, because we are perfectly entitled to demand our money back as the club couldn't provide matches we had paid for. I probably wouldn't, but I will be expecting a concession of sorts , and I don't mean free admission to matches next season,, as I've already bought a new 2 year ST

I was unfortunate enough to book and fully pay my invoice for a couple of watch, wine and dines with the missus. Not sure what's going to happen there either !

Had I been a season ticket holder I'm not sure what I would have done. Have a gut feeling I wouldn't have sought a refund under the circumstances.

Had the matches taken place when they should have I would not have been able to go much.So I probably only lost one or two games not having renewed because of my move.So it is not a biggie for me personally. But for fans who have lost their jobs it will be.We will be a little worst off due to other members of the household not working hopefully short term but that was not as a result of Covid 19 but my transfer.

Given it is unlikely we will be having new kits for the new season giving vouchers up to the value to be spent on merchandise seems the better option for the club.Given Coronavirus could return free seats could go on indefinitely if we lose another chunk of next season which seems likely one way or another.

How about the club include the early fa cup rounds free with a season ticket. ?

It really could be as simple as that. Club will lose a few quid but retain a lot of good will with the fans.

We will probably be offered priority access to join the bond scheme instead !

I would like 10-20% off a future season ticket. I think that would be fair.

The FA Cup idea is interesting. We lost approximately 20% of the season so say a "loss" of £60-£90 for adults, very roughly 3 cup games. Statisically might be a good bet for the club: a potentially poorly attended game against a non league team, the replay and a routine defeat to an unattractive championship club.

Difficult for GFC to write too much in the way of policy without knowing when the next season will start and whether or not the opening few months will be behind closed doors.

But, a possible gesture to ST holders could be to offer discounted, or free, iFollow access to GFC`s first two or three away L1 games. Such a deal could be implemented with a low risk of it being impaired due to Covid-19. Especially if the Club was to raise a special offer relating to, say, a generally available package of six away games, with a slight reduction for non ST holders, but including two or three Free games for ST holders ?

The FA Cup idea is interesting. We lost approximately 20% of the season so say a "loss" of £60-£90 for adults, very roughly 3 cup games. Statisically might be a good bet for the club: a potentially poorly attended game against a non league team, the replay and a routine defeat to an unattractive championship club.
If we get drawn away, it costs nothing but is a good gesture.

Difficult for GFC to write too much in the way of policy without knowing when the next season will start and whether or not the opening few months will be behind closed doors.

But, a possible gesture to ST holders could be to offer discounted, or free, iFollow access to GFC`s first two or three away L1 games. Such a deal could be implemented with a low risk of it being impaired due to Covid-19. Especially if the Club was to raise a special offer relating to, say, a generally available package of six away games, with a slight reduction for non ST holders, but including two or three Free games for ST holders ?

We could even start a move for reciprocal gestures across the league. Pompey & Sunderland might decline.

No for me due to the lack of leadership from the leader.

All we have is the half-arse statement last week which currently has not been explained at all.

Just words, as ever.