Who will we get in the first league match? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who will we get in the first league match?

Hmmm - it being an away fixture = an evens bet; it being on TV - a 3 to 1 bet at best since 4 games are televised that weekend (and I really dont know why our game qualifies for live coverage!!) thus accumulator odds 3-1, but I will be generous and give you 7-2!

Getting the opposing team right 22 to 1. So don't get all smug on this one MA !!

Away - check
Against a former manager - check
On TV - Check
On the Friday - Check

An amount of smugness is deserved IMO

Why we qualify is probably down to us being possibly the most featured of TVs least (for some strange reason) favoured clubs. For some reason we are on less than Villa, L**ds and other clubs (one of whom I certainly won't mention) despite us having a history of being involved in games with goals for quite a few seasons now and are often between top and third in the favourite other team to watch on TV as chosen by other fans in EFL surveys. Add to that the Lampard factor and the ex manager factor and it becomes a game that will attract the neutral fans.

Away - check
Against a former manager - check
On TV - Check
On the Friday - Check

An amount of smugness is deserved IMO

Why we qualify is probably down to us being possibly the most featured of TVs least (for some strange reason) favoured clubs. For some reason we are on less than Villa, L**ds and other clubs (one of whom I certainly won't mention) despite us having a history of being involved in games with goals for quite a few seasons now and are often between top and third in the favourite other team to watch on TV as chosen by other fans in EFL surveys. Add to that the Lampard factor and the ex manager factor and it becomes a game that will attract the neutral fans.

You mean, nothing to do with us being the ‘sleeping giants’ of the Championship then and it being the debut of the next England manager? ;)

Latest Rams News