Who will we get in the first league match? | Vital Football

Who will we get in the first league match?

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
I am going for Stoke away on the Friday night. Us with our new Manager and them with our old one. Lots for Sky to cream themselves about in that clash. Moneybags Stoke versus the allegedly broke Rams.

What is your guess?

I am going for Stoke away on the Friday night. Us with our new Manager and them with our old one. Lots for Sky to cream themselves about in that clash. Moneybags Stoke versus the allegedly broke Rams.

What is your guess?
be ok on a friday night in august at that hovel only need 4 or 5 coats on .

i was at that league cup q final at that shack it,s the only time i thought i,d die from hypothermia .
I was there for the unveiling of the Gordon Banks statue in the middle of summer and there was a celeb game on before the ceremony and it was almost too cold to sit in the stand, but at least I did meet and shake hands with Pele :wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey:

I used to drink regularly with "De Beer van de Meer ". Most, if not all, of you won't know who that is but Google will be your friend.

A couple of weeks after I started dating the lady who is now my wife of over 30 years, we were in Sam Sam just off the Leidseplein. De Beer walked in and we passed each other, me on my way to the toilet and he on his way to the bar. He sat next to 'er indoors, The barkeeper asked him what he wanted and he asked for a beer and then asked my good lady if she wanted one as her glass was almost empty...... but you don't know me, she said, His reply was "you're with Howard aren't you?". She said yes please and then wondered...... how on earth does "de beer" know Howard. The simple answer, drinking pals having met through a mutual friend.

Who's this Nicklaus person? Pele? Might be a character but de beer was immense fun to be around.

I don’t really do fame/hero worship. I was introduced to Margaret Beckett once...she’s very, very small...could probably have put her in my pocket...and I once stood in a queue for an Edgbaston Test in front of Martin Bayfield...who’s probably the biggest bloke I’ve ever seen. Beyond that...on speaking terms with Steve Powell...but being asked out for a drink by Roger Ramjet is my only real claim to fame.
Couldn’t go...had a plane to catch, so I don’t know if RR is more Beckett or Bayfield...suspect the former...small and pugnacious would be my guess.

What is your guess?

Friday night on TV - Check
Away - Check
Stoke - Nah. Reading.

I looked at the fixtures and thought...’that’s a tough August and a nasty Christmas’...but actually it’s just going to be a bloomin’ tough division and a very hard season.

P.S. They never start the season with a derby MA but, tbf, you did also get the new manager v ex manager factor right too. Can it really be three years since we were all getting excited about Clement?

Last edited:
I looked at the fixtures and thought...’that’s a tough August and a nasty Christmas’...but actually it’s just going to be a bloomin’ tough division and a very hard season.

P.S. They never start the season with a derby MA but, tbf, you did also get the new manager v ex manager factor right too. Can it really be three years since we were all getting excited about Clement?

I had August down for between 9 and 12 points and rather more in September. Great minds think alike......

Hmmm - it being an away fixture = an evens bet; it being on TV - a 3 to 1 bet at best since 4 games are televised that weekend (and I really dont know why our game qualifies for live coverage!!) thus accumulator odds 3-1, but I will be generous and give you 7-2!

Getting the opposing team right 22 to 1. So don't get all smug on this one MA !!

Latest Rams News