Who will be watching tonight? | Vital Football

Who will be watching tonight?

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just out of interest who will be watching the match on ifollow tonight? I shall be watching, the only match I haven't watched this season is the Man City under 23 match home or away.

The reason why I ask is who would normally go to a match like this? (I would be watching and at Sincil Bank under normal circumstances). Who will be watching that wouldn't normally go to a Trophy match and who isn't going to watch until if and when we get into the latter stages etc despite the fact there is little else to do anyway.

I'm going to watch. I don't agree with the youth teams allowed in the competition, and preferered it when there was the conference sides included. Think this was about 15 years ago.
Premier league sides included is just a 'land grab' as far as I am concerned, but a boycott doesn't damage either the competition or the Premier league sides, only us and other lower league teams.
Boycotting Sky and BT who funnel so much money towards the abomination that is the PL would be a more productive form of protest I would suggest.

Just out of interest who will be watching the match on ifollow tonight? I shall be watching, the only match I haven't watched this season is the Man City under 23 match home or away.

The reason why I ask is who would normally go to a match like this? (I would be watching and at Sincil Bank under normal circumstances). Who will be watching that wouldn't normally go to a Trophy match and who isn't going to watch until if and when we get into the latter stages etc despite the fact there is little else to do anyway.

I’m with you there Casper, I’ve watched every match including the preseason ones and would’ve attended in person if it were possible tonight and all other home games. I look forward to every game and even miss it when we don’t have a midweek match or have a free Saturday. One of the few pleasures at the moment helped enormously by the great start we’ve had. UTI

I too have watched every game this season and will be tonight. I've watched all the games in this competition that have been on iFollow over the last three seasons, mainly because it was an opportunity to see a match live.

But in the old days when I lived a bit nearer I could never be bothered to slog over to Lincoln on a midweek night getting home at nearly midnight to see any of the games in this competition under its various names. The only game I've seen in person was the one at Wembley.

I will be watching :- )=
Listening to Rob on Radio Lincolnshire this morning, we could grab a £40k+ prize for winning tonight.
Would it be anywhere near that amount without the inclusion of the Premier League etc Youngsters ?

Rarely make midweeks anyway so I wouldn't have been there and by the time I'll be in a position to sit down, I suspect the game will be around the 60 minute mark!

Big Brother is always watching!
Looking for a pizza the action? On the match thread someone has stated they have a free match pass courtesy of the sponsors.

I will be watching :- )=
Listening to Rob on Radio Lincolnshire this morning, we could grab a £40k+ prize for winning tonight.
Would it be anywhere near that amount without the inclusion of the Premier League etc Youngsters ?
Probably not. But I think that at current valuation £40k is approximately 30 pieces of silver

Likewise, watched most games this season including the EFL Trophy ones, except for the 'dead rubber' v Man City kiddies.

Watched some of the preseason friendlies, and the FA youth cup game last week.

That includes a lot of games I wouldn't normally have gone to, but it gets frustrating at times watching games I know I would normally have gone to and missing out on a couple of new grounds for me like Fleetwood, or Blackpool where I've not been in over 30 years.

But its been an important thing for my sanity in lock-down. The season the Imps have had so far, and the football they've played, almost feels like a bonus, but please may the ride continue. What must it be like supporting Grimsby, say in the past 12 months?

Will be watching, wouldn't have crossed the Pennines to attend. Perhaps under different circumstances I could have hitched a lift on the Accy coach.

I will be getting up at 2:45am to watch. I missed the Peterborough game as it wasn’t on TV (or I-Follow) in Australia so I need to re-establish my football habit, particularly since Shrewsbury has now been called off. Fingers crossed, it’s not the last game the way things are going with Covid 😱🙈

I will be getting up at 2:45am to watch. I missed the Peterborough game as it wasn’t on TV (or I-Follow) in Australia so I need to re-establish my football habit, particularly since Shrewsbury has now been called off. Fingers crossed, it’s not the last game the way things are going with Covid 😱🙈
Get to work just in time for kick off. Bonus

I can watch this one without getting too anxious about the result. I sometimes turn the stream off with ten minutes to go because I can't bear to watch (usually when we are leading by a goal).