Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McCartan (70')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Who was your Man of The Match in the 1-0 win at Stevenage?

You have 48 hours to vote and comment!

Akinde for me. He was the difference between the two sides. He made the penalty and then confidently slotted it away.

But other than that he was a constant nuisance and occupied 2 if not 3 of their defenders for large periods of the game. He seems to be growing into the role the Cowleys have set out for him and growing in confidence with assured performances.

As I said he seemed to be the difference on the day. Their striker was kept quiet (by the fantastic Bostwick and Shackle) and Akinde was the better of the two.

You can make a case for all of the defenders plus Akinde, gone for Smith, made some decent saves, felt confident with him in goal, slotted in well after a long absence.

Difficult one this time. For me it is between Akinde who won and scored the penalty or Shackell and Bostwick who were excellent in defence. I’ve gone for Bostwick who dominated in defence and wone almost everything in the air.

Think Shackell is the best player most matches lately. However, have gone for Akinde.
In a similar match last season we may well have kept a clean sheet but would have drawn a blank up front. The difference now is Akinde can create a chance on his own. He was the difference between one point and three points on Saturday.

Bostwick by some distance. A magnificent 90 minute performance from "The Beast". Cannot recall him not getting there first to any 50:50 challenge right throughout the game, and some of his heading was just magnificent.

Honourable mentions to Shackell, Eardley and Akinde. The defence was put under great presssure for long periods. Sure it was great that Akinde showed his class and won and scored the winning penalty. It was however a one half performance, and he was largely anonymous after the break.