Who Was Your MOTM v Port Vale? | Vital Football

Who Was Your MOTM v Port Vale?

Who was your Man of The Match v Port Vale?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tom Pett. Again ran the show - our very own Swiss timepiece, has metronomic qualities tidying up and then releasing a killer ball. I'm starting to believe that he may very well be better than Woodyard.

Could have been any one of Pett, Wharton or Rhead. I'm going Wharton because he has hardly played and didn't put a foot or head wrong in keeping a solid defence alongside Bossie, plus his distribution was pretty good.

Gone for Anderson above several other very good possibilities such as McCartan and Pett.
Considering that 15 minutes before kick off he was on the bench I thought his attacking contribution was immense. Their left back must have been dizzy after the game. His early goal was key to the overall result.
Probably the best 90 minutes I have seen from him in an Imps shirt.

Pett - ran the show yet again. He always looks for the ball forward. Threaded a few through on Saturday. Defence good for a player of his size. A revelation.

Pett was outstanding......again. Totally bossed midfield and got forward. Can’t believe the difference from his early performances last season. Danny really has got the most from Tom.

watched the whole game back and gone for anderson. he's been below par for a few games, but credit where it's due looked dangerous and was back to taking on defenders again. good to see.

good performances throughout the team again though, especially the central defenders - as the wind looked difficult for dealing with the long ball, crosses and headers. port vale certainly struggled in that department.

Gone for McCarten. Never stopped running and never gave their defence a moments rest which led to nerviness and mistakes.

Normally Bostwick’s, Wharton’s, Toffolo’s, Pett’s, Anderson’s and Rhead’s performances would have been MOTM worthy.

As above, several good contenders. Gone with Pett as he’s surely still learning his new deeper role. They got nowhere near him. Has the ability to get his foot on the ball in tight spaces and find room.

Gone for McCarten. Never stopped running and never gave their defence a moments rest which led to nerviness and mistakes.

Normally Bostwick’s, Wharton’s, Toffolo’s, Pett’s, Anderson’s and Rhead’s performances would have been MOTM worthy.
The opposite to what he was doing against Crewe and being neither here or there, position wise. DC was at him 3 or 4 times in the first half of that game, trying to get him to press and cover more ground.