Who Was Your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic?

Who was your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopper for me. Cool and calm finish and put in his usual 100% shift both in attack and defending from the front

Hopper. What a valuable asset he's become. Gets through so much work and is starting to add goals as well. His goal today was everything you'd want, great movement, composure, control, great finish. Exceptional centre forward play.

poor hopper, he is never going to get a rest playing and scoring like that.
thought jackson and rogers also deserve a mention.

Against opponents who wanted to make it physical and had weather and pitch to help, it the more physical players who stood out.

Montsma and Jackson battled hard throughout, Hopper did his usual and capped it with a superb goal. Grant showed again the physical side of his game is developing while still trying to create chances and set up the winner with a great pass.

But its McGrandles for me, never backed off the from the physical part of the game, always supporting the forwards, always contributing in defence, a real shift.

Big Tom for me. Some games you get man of the match with one piece of brilliance and that was what happened today. Literally a match winning performance

Very difficult to decide. Hopper worked so hard for the team and got his reward with a superb turn and finish. However for me Jackson just shaded it with his immense display at the back. Time after time he got his head and body where it hurts to clear. A tremendous tackle in the first half prevented a clear chance on goal. With Montsma still working his way back to pre covid form,he had been a rock.

Hopper - still can’t pick what he is excels at, but he is just so so good - reminds me a bit of Thomas Muller in the way he doesn’t particularly stand out in one attribute but as an overall package he just works.

Grant for that pass to Hopper for the goal. Hopper a close second for his superb goal. The two centre half’s were very good too.

It goes to Hopper, great to see him not satisfied as a just holding player. Showed he now has the taste for a goal as well. Concluded one of the true bits of quality in the game, after receiving that sensational pass from Grant.

I almost went Hopper but went Grant just. The pass was sublime and had picked up a few fouls and had some sublime touches again.

I went for Grant as without him our midfield would of been in a world of trouble regarding creativity . Stunning pass for the second goal.

Great performances by Hopper and Jackson.

I think the fact that 8 of the 11 starters get a mention says more about how no-one stood out, as opposed to how many stand out players there were. I went for Rogers because of his link up for the second goal and because I think he is a little more influential than some have suggested of late.