Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

Who was your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite an excellent debut from Bursik and eye catching performances from Poole, Eyoma, and Hopper, and a terrific all action display from Scully, it has to be our very own Captain Fantastic, Liam Bridcutt.

Expecting this to be quite widespread and even, so many good performances. I went for Montsma, did a sterling job coming on and having to deal with probably the biggest goal threatening front line this league has to offer. (as did Eyoma).

Bridcutt for me, points where the front 5 left him to sweep up as a one man band in front of the defence.

The one time he flew forward and took a chance he created the opportunity for the goal just by will alone. Skipper's performance

Bursik, one of the best saves that I have seen in along time. Looked secure in all other departments and shots.

Lots of choices. I'm giving it to Hopper. Impacts both boxes, worked tirelessly and selflessly and made things happen. Could be pretty much anyone though to be honest - fine margins.

Tj for me. He worked really hard all game on and off the ball. Edun played well going forward, Hopper excellent in defence and against set plays and a lovely poachers goal. Bridcutt was chirping in the refs ear influencing decisions and putting himself about breaking up play, Scully with his excellent ratting and the new keeps was just great. Poole just seems to get better and better, Lewis handled his home fans there debut brilliantly because when he came on I was hoping his adrenaline wouldn't cause a rush of blood, but he was calmness personified.
I thought Johnson was a bit anonymous apart from his goal and hitting the post and Rodgers had his worst game in a city shirt. Would still play both of them Saturday as they can turn a game in a moment. Grant looked nervous and was pulling out of challenges circa two years ago. Worried about getting injured perhaps which is understandable.
But TJ for me. I was one of the lucky few at the bank and he seemed everywhere to me, cutting off runs, thereby stopping passes before they were even made, causing the Sunderland player to turn back towards his own goal.
We rode our luck yes, but it was a great team performance. What a time to be an imp.

Great team performance but Captain Fantastic Bridcutt's takes the prize.

Bursik was calm and at times sensational, if Palmer is fit tomorrow he'll be a one match Imps legend.

The whole back 4 were superb, made their luck. TJ and then Montsma played well beyond their years.

Hopper proved again what a vital player he is for us.

Bursik for the world class save that stopped us going behind, amongst the other excellent stuff he did. Very likely we would not be going into the second leg with a lead had that one game changing moment not occurred.

For that reason alone, he just pips commanding performances from TJ and Bridcutt.

Whole team were amazing,Bursik and Bridcutt stood out, I think Rogers had them running around, and took alot on knocking around from opposition, But I think the ref handled the bullying well. I think had Rogers got away from his markers one time we would have had a 3 -0 cushion, he'll score Sat, I'll bet on it.

Come on boys

Eyoma for me, but so, so many great performances, particularly Bridcutt, Bursik, Poole and Hopper. A real tough decision this week.

Liam Bridcutt for me. We really missed him whilst he was out injured. Showed his class when he's on top form.

Did you watch the match on Wednesday night? Don't forget to vote and comment!