Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

Who was your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bridcutt for me too. Magnificent in front of the back 4 and showed with some of his defensive work why he can play CB if necessary.

All 3 midfield played well against physical opponents who play a bit like a pub team.

I think our midfield 3 all played very well today, but gone for Bridcutt who just seemed to be everywhere and won an incredible amount of headers in and around our own box.

Edun for me, he was all over the pitch , I like that spin turn he does. He was also tidy in possession. Bridcutt ran him a close second.

Edun. The more advanced role obviously suits him. Could be a reliable understudy for Grant, given time.

Part of a monumental performance by the whole team. Deserved a win, against a team who hadn't conceded in the best part of eight games. Given the recent wailing and gnashing of teeth after successive home defeats, that was proof positive that the belief is still very much there.

For the first time ever I'm going to have to sit this one out. Three very different midfield roles, three very good performances from Bridcutt, McGrandles and Edun.

Mention for Montsma also, who looked 'back on it' defensively today, particularly in the air.

It had to be one of the midfielders and I gave it to McGrandles who I thought was our best player at ball retention today.

I thought McGrandles was outstanding and said as much at halftime. I must say though Tayo Edun was different class throughout the 90 minutes, his quick feet are something else, a fantastic display in midfield, defence and marauding forward. On balance a difficult one to choose between the two but have gone for Tayo - Big game, big performance.

Gone for Edun .Bridcut has a high bar that others need to reach. Edun can get there .He really is a prospect