Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

Who was your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought it was between McGrandles and Edun, the former gets it for his selfless chasing, good distribution and moments of Grantesque trickery.

I thought the midfield 3 were key. Bridcutt was good at making the extra man in front of defence and clearing things up. McGrandles did his "drop the shoulder and turn" trick several times to my delighted little yelps but my MOTM is Edun.

Looks very good in that more attacking role. Those little reverse inside balls that he tries (constantly) when he is left back work perfectly in the AM role. As a left back they don't, they give the ball away. He may well be the cover we need while Jorge is out.

Really good team effort and performance back to early season form, fullbacks better and midfield stepped up pressing and ball retention. Gone for mcgrandles again but only just from his partners in midfield

Very difficult but Bridcutt for me. If I was able I’d vote for Edun as joint MoM as I thought they both played a tremendous part (plus McGrandles) in an outstanding performance. Won everything coming through our midfield, got forward to support some of the attacking play, but for me one incident stood out when our CBs (or Bramall 🤔) went missing and one of their strikers had a through ball played to him in a goal-scoring position, but Bridcutt read it and snuffed out the danger just inside our penalty area. Brilliant 👏

Last edited:
Gone for Bridcutt. Added that awareness, speed of thought, and steel, that has been lacking of late. McGrandles and Tayo both equally had great games, but Bridcutt took one for the team to break up a Sunderland counter and that gets my nod.

Bridcutt for me but some great play from Edun and McGrandles too. The whole team looked calm and confident throughout.

Edun edging both Bridcutt & McGrandles ... he’s been excellent in there the last 2 away games (Ipswich included)

McGrandles was our star performer according to the Football League Paper today. I thought all three in midfield were immense but I have also gone for Tayo Edun.

Bridcutt for me. No coincidence that we performed so much better with him back. His presence allows others the freedom to play. As for Edun, possibly his best game in an Imps shirt. Showed some superb touches in his preferred role.