Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

Who was your Man of The Match v Sunderland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toughie as everyone did fine without anyone standing out.

Gone for Sanders who looked very tidy and progressive in his 60 minutes. Always available for a pass and put himself about. Looks an asset once he's up to 90 minute fitness. Impressive start

Gone for Scully who’s work rate was superb, he will sleep well tonight. He also provided the one piece of celebration tonight.

I thought McGrandles and Edun had good first half’s.

Tough one but gone for Grant, who really looks an all round central midfielder, capped with a superb pass to Bramall in the build up to the goal.

Despite the result and the relative lack of outright chances, I thought the whole team played well. Edun had a fine game, robust in defence and clever getting forward. Hopper Hoppered (you know what I mean), Palmer and the defence were much more convincing than on Sunday, bar one period when we looked vulnerable on our left wing and in which Sunderland scored. McGrandles, Scully and Johnson all had effective games in their own different ways, and Sanders looked highly promising in his hour and will hopefully be an important player over the rest of the season. Bramall's cameo included some good runs forward and a great take and pass leading to the goal.

(I watched on ifollow with no commentary so maybe i got confused)...but im slightly surprised the rave reviews Sanders has got.. he did okay for a first outing but i thought he didnt look especially fit and only attempted simple side ways passes the few times he got on the ball. Grant and Edun looked the two best players by some way.

Between Grant and Edun for me also. Went for Grant because it looked like they saw him as our play maker and tried to tightly mark him. In spite of that he made things happen.

Finally saw the game on I-Follow. Really difficult to pick anyone out as they all put in a decent shift, but I’ve gone for Grant. He was constantly making himself available and probing to find a way though.

(I watched on ifollow with no commentary so maybe i got confused)...but im slightly surprised the rave reviews Sanders has got.. he did okay for a first outing but i thought he didnt look especially fit and only attempted simple side ways passes the few times he got on the ball. Grant and Edun looked the two best players by some way.

I thought he had a decent game too, I agree nothing spectacular but he was always wanting the ball and creating room to give options. Encouraging.