Who Was Your Man of The Match v Shrewsbury Town? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Shrewsbury Town?

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Shrewsbury Town?

• Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roughan

• Eyoma

• Melbourne

• McGrandles

• Howarth

• Anderson

• Grant (45')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great team performance but going for Zak. Best performance in a City shirt. That run for Scully's opener was brilliant and got his first goal for the club.

Scully was into everything up front first half. Johnson showed his class. At last we see why Zak is here, explosive pace, certainly left a few Shrews in his wake.

What has kept rattling around at the back of my mind for the last few weeks is a comment I read from an Irish supporter who watched Zak play in the last international, it went something like,

"What sort of squad must Lincoln have if this guy can't get in the team? What is that all about, he destroyed the opposition today all on his own".

Now, while nothing at Lincoln is done by one person on their own, I can now see where the statement came from and the potential that this boy has. A well deserved step and a flag planted. Well done. Very well done.

I voted for Scully. While Zak clearly has pace to burn, his final ball was diappointing a lot of the time. He'll get better though :)

Zak. Pure pace, great pressing, not a little skill and a well-taken goal. On another day, it could have gone to Gotts, Eyoma, Scully or Howarth and all around the park, we were above average. Consummate team performance. A compliment to our outstanding coaching team.

At least half tonight's side could be candidates, that quality of dominating footbal is the epitome of team football and they delivered as a collective. And that from 'squad players' (ie quality subs/replacements) and players out of position (ie versatile, Johnson comes out with huge credit from tonight.)

But Zach Elbouzedi gets my vote, he's had a frustrating season with international absences and injury restricting his chances. The improved, physically robust version on display tonight was at times sensational - his ball winning, run and pass for the first, bagged a goal for himself, terrified the Shrews every time he was on the ball. And he probably won't start against them next Tuesday!

Zak for me too, he won’t be far off a league start with a performance like that. Many other good candidates though, particularly Johnson and Scully, and Palmer didn’t have much to do but his handling was faultless

Zeb was great to watch when in full flow, but the final ball wasn’t always flash, so a close second for me. A workmanlike winner for me was Johnson. A rock today, effective at both ends of the patch and left the Shrews players floundering in the middle.

Zak for me too. ***blinks in astonishment as he takes off down the pitch yet again***

Another selection problem!

Johnson edges it over Zac, both majestic with ball at feet running at the heart of the Shrews defence. Notable others were Scully & Gotts with Eyoma so calm at the back.