Who Was Your Man of The Match v Portsmouth? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Portsmouth?

Who was your Man of The Match v Portsmouth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given Connolly spent most of the night marking Marquis who is a good player at that level I thought he did really well. Other than the goal (which was lucky and just hit him) he allowed him to make little impact on the game.

Andrade, in a class of his own. Double marked, he was clearly the player they were most worried about. Took men on and beat them, put in crosses and had three shots at goal, not great ones, but three more than our nominated strikers.

From an IFollow view gone for Andrade as he seemed the one who could make something happen throughout the match.

Worthy mention for Connolly who i thought did very well in central defence and I think even Tommo was impressed with that second half tackle

Went for OConnor.
Andrade possibly except failed to really threaten with his shots but at least he did have some shots.
Connolly did do ok in defence, certainly better than he's done in midfield.

Andrade was the standout, had the conviction to have a go. Morrell had a decent game and pleased for Connolly, I hope his performance will give him confidence to cement his place for a little longer.

You can see why Morrell is an international. He won every 3rd,4th and 5th ball that O’Connor didn’t win.

They’re both key if we’re to get back a bit more mid table.

O'Connor for me. Broke up attacks, passed the ball well. Gave us a platform we didn't take advantage of in the attacking third.