Who Was Your Man of The Match v Portsmouth? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Portsmouth?

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Portsmouth?

• Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson

• Grant

• Hopper

• Scully

• Johnson

• Rogers (70')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me it was McGrandles. It’s been said so may times, you hardly notice him but boy he was prominent tonight. Breaking up play doing the dirty stuff but had two great chances to score too. Possibly his best game in an Imps shirt.

Some good across the board but gone for McGrandles. Real energy throughout and is shown as the assist for the goal. I have just checked and it also seems that it was he who made the headed clearance off the line just after the goal. That kind of contribution got us the 3 points so he's my shout

Went McGrandles. Set the goal up obviously but his work rate is something else.

Fantastic performance, comfortable on the ball and is the reason we’ve won our last 2.

Even the foul at the end was a good decision. If he hadn;t given away that free kick, their livewire CF would have burst into the box and quite probably looked to get a pen. Hedged his bets, let them have a FK.

Before that McGrandles was popping up everywhere and playing some really nice passes when we were going forward.

McGrandles

A superbly set out and motivated strongest side by MA ( Possibly apart from Montsma ) having said that the CB’s didn’t put a foot wrong.

I gave it to Eyouma for two reasons,

1) he turned a Portsmouth player inside out when they were trying to attack, drove forward, sidestepped another Pomp leaving him stranded, then slipped the ball through for Grant to draw the Red Card challenge,

2) he beat a defender on the outside (for the first time that I can recall) to cross for the ball that was then put back in for Rogers to score

He was therefore key to the two pivotal moments in the game.

3) he also played pretty well throughout.

said we needed 6 or 7 mom performances, and we got it. excellent all round, but gone for mcgrandles - an assist, and one off the line. ghosted in for two good headers too, plus his passing is always simple and accurate.

Yet another all-round team performance, the combination of skill and hard work is compelling and there are several MoM candidates, all the back 4 were superb, Hopper ploughed his furrow to great effect, the midfield worked like Trojans and performed their different roles to great effect.

In the end, also gone for McGrandles, has come back from injury/illness better than ever, that he figures more in the highlights indicates he was a frequent threat in the box and coolly set up Rogers for the goal. Then the goal-line clearance protected the win.

Bridcutt and McGrandles were both excellent, as were the entire team. I have gone for Bridcutt. He’s been a little rusty, especially early in recent games, but he was on the money tonight with his own, and encouraging others, performance.

McGrandles for me as well. He has always been a vital member of this team and sometimes that goes unnoticed by some. Today he was simply superb.