Who Was Your Man of The Match v Peterborough United? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Peterborough United?

Who was your Man of The Match v Peterborough United?

• Vickers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Connor

• Bolger

• Bostwick

• Walker

• Eardley

• Hesketh

• Payne (45')

• Akinde (66')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toss up between Grant and Morrell for me.

Morrell was like a man possessed at times, love watching Jorge play, he will make mistakes but I believe he’s a cracking player.

Morrell was again superb and gets my vote, but I thought Bostwick was immense with the defensive side of the game he won everything, if not necessarily the Barcelona dribbling out from the back.

Good amount of candidates but Toffolo was really on top form today.

Energy and great attacking threat. Typified by running 80 yards in first half to get on end of Vickers clearance, to cross for Grant to guide potential goal of the season, past the post.

Morrell for me, defence spitting passes, surging forward runs, others did very well, Toffolo , Eardley, Bossi. Special mention to Akinde though, changed the game, gave them much more to think about, physical challenges, panic stations.

I’ve gone for Grant because I thought he was fantastic in CM. Switched the ball very well. Morrell of course needs credit, but is that just expected now?

Should have gone for Toffolo, 0 votes for him isn’t correct.

Honourable mentions to Bozzie and Toffolo but Morrell was the driving force and the MoM. He always looks to play forward, either a pass or a short, sharp driving run which in turn draws opposition players towards him making space for others and creating space. With Posh playing a tight midfield diamond the space was down the flanks and Morrell along with Grant switched play either side to cause constant problems for their defence and kept them on the back foot for the last 20 minutes.

The game was won via the midfield dominance providing a stable defensive base and opportunity to launch attacks. Morrell contributed in both areas so gets my vote.

Morrell, just superb , let's hope he stays for the rest of the season.
Grant, Toffolo, Walker, Eardley and Bostwick all had good games too.
A real team effort tbf.

Morrell for me, defence spitting passes, surging forward runs, others did very well, Toffolo , Eardley, Bossi. Special mention to Akinde though, changed the game, gave them much more to think about, physical challenges, panic stations.
I said the same about Akinde after the match. Even my Dad who is definitely not a fan of Big John conceded this when I pointed it out. Good assist for Walker too.

Gone for Morrell too, again several contenders and big John made a difference coming on, and with a good assist

JM for me too, in a contested pack. I fully expected us to grind out a frustrating 1-1 with the man advantage but he (along with the rest of the midfield and attack) really drove us forward to grab a winner.