Who Was Your Man of The Match v Northampton Town? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Northampton Town?

Who was your Man of The Match v Northampton Town?

• Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson

• Walsh

• Grant

• Johnson

• Rogers

• McGrandles (68')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't often comment in motm threads, but this has to go to edun.

Eyoma and Hopper played well, but edun was awesome. I've been critical of edun at times, but performances like that show exactly why I have nothing to do with football. He was involved in pretty much every good aspect of our play. His fitness and speed is quite literally unbelievable, even at 90 minutes!

Eyoma and Hopper were excellent but Edun stood out to me. He hardly put a foot wrong all game. His passing was superb (hope I don’t jinx him for Tuesday 😳🤞) and I’ve never seen a LB pop up in so many positions around the pitch. Keep it up Tayo - considering I had my doubts and criticism in the early games you are rapidly becoming one of my favourite players 👏👏

Bridcutt - saved a certain goal with a brilliant piece of play. Only a player with his reading of the game would have been there to make the tackle.

What ever your view of the decision - either that it was a stonewall penalty based on the fact someone dared to make a tackle where the player who had the ball before the tackle ended up on the floor - or that it was an excellent decision since the other player on the floor (Bridcutt) ended up with possession of the ball after the tackle -

the fact remains it changed the result from a draw to a Lincoln win.

If you add in the ball which put Hopper through for Scully's goal, it was Bridcutt that had the biggest effect on the result.

Both the fullbacks got plenty of mentions in commentary ( providing Hortin was getting them right! ) gone for Eyoma but it was very close.
Great to have Hopper back and McGrandles coming on really changed the last 20 minutes.

the fact remains it changed the result from a draw to a Lincoln win
I agree , it was absolutely the key moment of the match which seems to have been glossed over. Whilst I voted for Edun motm you have to say it was that tackle from Bridcutt that earnt us two extra points. I actually think it was a pen but experienced players like Liam have a habit of challenging in just the right way to put doubt in the refs mind.

Gave it to Edun for his whole match display, his confidence has grown massively over the last month. Eyoma was a close second, and Hopper's work rate deserves another mention.

Have to say I thought Bridcutt made some great tackles and his experience greatly helped in us getting 3 points. However, some of his distribution was poor and he walks a tightrope as far as potentially giving away free kicks is concerned.

Last edited:
Tayo edges TJ .... a notable mention for Bridds too, who despite what looked a nailed on pen for them, was excellent.