Who Was Your Man of The Match v Manchester United U21s? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Manchester United U21s?

Who was your Man of The Match v Manchester United U21s?

• Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Connor

• Bolger

• Anderson

• Akinde

• Andrade (62')

• Connolly (71')

• Payne (74')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aaron Lewis all day long, he had an excellent game. Good to see a full back comfortable at crossing with both feet.

Lewis was excellent (again) but for me, I thought Melbourne was superb at centre-back. Much better than at left back against Donny. Him and Lewis should start on Saturday.

I have gone for Lewis who was outstanding. I thought everyone put a shift in to be fair. But special mention should go to Hesketh who looks like he is going to be a hell of an asset this season and Toffolo who looked incredibly composed and capable.

I tend to agree with most posts on here so far. Lewis was my pick, good crossing of the ball with both feet and fought hard to regain possession for the team. I cannot see Lewis being selected at right back in place of Eardley at the moment but would like to see him given an opportunity further forward. Hesketh played well after his injury lay off and looks a valuable addition to the team. Where does Harry Toffolo get his energy from? Up and down the field effectively all game.

Lewis for me, had a good game and looks a proper player. I don’t really get this idea that because he is a fullback he should be played further forward. The same was said about Toffolo last year but why?
Judge him on being a fullback and if he is a better bet than Eardley then he should play in his own position. I think that time is getting close especially as MApp likes energetic athletic full backs who bomb forward and can get back.

Lewis for me too. Flawless last night. Toffolo a close second and a special mention for Melbourne who injected pace and composure at CB. Just wonder whether he’d cope with the more physical aspects of L1 forwards but very promising.

Jorge Grant for me.
Honourable mentions for the energy of Toffolo and Lewis, plus Hesketh especially in first 20 minutes. Understandably he ran out of steam a bit in the second half - very short of match action.

Lewis for me, and I think now is the time to bring him in for Eardley.

Also thought Grant and MOC had good games. MOC needs to be starting with Morrell.

I have voted Lewis for an all round display of defending & attacking. Confident on the ball placing some excellent cross field passes using both left and right foot. The addition of the long throw added an extra dimension to the usual.

Lewis for me also but I also think Grant Smith had a decent game. Made a couple of good saves and kicks well.
Could be pushing for the number 1 spot.

An excellent all round display from Lewis. As has already been noted, it was good to see some quality crosses with either foot. Good performances also from Toffolo, Melbourne and Smith and a lovely thirty minute cameo from Hesketh, before he seemed to tire - looking forward to seeing more from him.
Not getting the love in from some quarters coming Chapman's way. I thought the game pretty much passed him by.

Last edited:
Not sure why we haven't given Lewis a proper deal. Is it the budget or is he holding out hoping to sign somewhere else? I think MA must be tempted to start him Sat in place of Eardley.
Gone for Lewis, fiery, comfortable on the ball, gets forward, puts crosses in both feet as mentioned.
Honourable mentions for Toffolo, Grant, Hesketh. Think Smith deserves a start Sat.

An excellent all round display from Lewis. As has already been noted, it was good to see some quality crosses with either foot. Good performances also from Toffolo, Melbourne and Smith and a lovely thirty minute cameo from Hesketh, before he seemed to tire - looking forward to seeing more from him.
Not getting the love in from some quarters coming Chapman's way. I thought the game pretty much passed him by.

Have to agree with you regarding Chapman, I thought he gave the ball away at least four times in the first and twice in the second half. MOC looked on a completely different level to me.

Have to agree with you regarding Chapman, I thought he gave the ball away at least four times in the first and twice in the second half. MOC looked on a completely different level to me.

I agree too re Chapman. I wanted him to do better than he did. I feel like I might have watched a different game to a few.

Good to see a variety of players being nominated rather than what has been becoming a 'only .... can come out of that with any credit'