Who Was Your Man of The Match v Liverpool? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Liverpool?

Who was your Man of The Match v Liverpool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve gone for Edun. Thought he took his goal well when some of our other players hit and hoped their chances.

Ran his heart out and hopefully gave himself a chance of being back in the starting line up for league matches soon enough.

I’m sticking with my preseason hopes that he’ll be one of our best players this season.

Tricky when you consider the quality of the opposition. I've plumped for Scully who made a nuisance of himself and put in one peach of a ball late on.

Gone for Eyoma which is a bit worrying considering we conceded 7, but he was the best of the defence for me. Edun had a very good second half but wasn’t involved in the first for me.

Couldn't decide between Eyoma and Edun, Edun just edged it for me, as I do wonder if Eyoma was getting himself out of position a little too often. Once Edun went in a more advanced role in the second half he showed his ability.

Tricky. No one stood out, as being either great or terrible. A feat given that we let in seven. Will go for Edun. Only because the spellcheck on this phone converts his name to Edam, and I fancy a cheese toastie.

Eyoma: 20 years old, playing a little out of position (I think he is definitely an attacking right-back) and facing some world class players in only his sixth professional game. Did well, is going to be a very good player.

I’ve also gone Edun. Really tough call but I think after a shaky start he became our most influential player. Took his goal well.

Gone for Montsma. No-one really stood out but he made some good interceptions and scored (if it crossed the line, but he still won the header), albeit after Van Dijk went off. Honourable mentions to Scully, Edun and Palmer (not much he could do about any of the goals really).

Scully. Still running full tilt at 85 ; what an engine! With a bit of cooler finishing, he might have had a couple. Very much like the cut of this young man's jib. Edun did have an excellent second half, but was largely anonymous in the first 45 minutes.

A hard one to pick in such a game, and everyone played their part, but I've gone for Eyoma. Imagine being on his place, having only ever made a handful of senior appearances and then having to play out of position against the PL and club world cup champions. Did really well and think he is going to become a fan favourite in time.

A lot of positives to take from last night’s game versus Liverpool. Sure, one or two players went missing first half but let us not detract from the fact that a number of top quality internationals were gracing the LNER Stadium turf. Edun took his goal well with some good build up play as did Montsma. Grant for me was MoM he put a decent shift in throughout the whole 90 minutes and tried to make things happen. Shoutout for the whole squad though last night - proud !

I almost forgot about Tayo in the first 30 minutes; but he shone in the second half.

Between him, Scully and TJ for me.

Scully, gave it his all, good balls in from left and right. Still looking to make things happen to the final whistle.