Who Was Your Man of The Match v Hull City? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Hull City?

Who was your Man of The Match v Hull City?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Johnson for me, carried the fight with his running in a game where Rogers and Scully struggled to influence proceedings.

Edun played well again in two positions and was unlucky to come off, but has played a lot of football. He was probably second for me. Eyoma good at CB.

Otherwise, Morton fought gamely and Montsma took his goal well but probably didn't defend as well as he would like.

Think it’s a hard choice today as nobody really stood out. So for his goal alone I will go for Montsma

Edun for me, at left back battled in defence but always looking creative getting forward including those excursions into right forward midfield. Carried on in similar vein in midfield. Not everything came off, but he was always trying.

Morton put in a fine shift upfront but a missed kick in a good position mark him down below Tayo.

Nothing really outstanding today but I thought Morton put in a very hard working shift so he's my shout

Morton for me. Worked really hard and was effective doing so. At some point he’s going to bag a couple in a game. Let’s hope it’s the playoff final

Johnson, who looked as creative as anyone on the pitch, gets the vote. Best game from Morton in a while, he really got stuck in. A decent team performance against the top side in the league, and for good periods we bossed it.

Got to be Morton for the sheer none stop effort but I thought Rogers played well, some cracking last ditch tackles and classy passing.

Really think Grant at full tilt would be good for Morton btw, he needs those passes between centre half and full back rather than having the ball fizzed at him with monsters breathing down the neck.

Unfortunately for him Grant coming back might coincide with Hopper's return!

Morton for me. All the talk about him not playing the Hopper role and pressing defenders, etc has, I think been put to bed the last two games. He’s learning and is adding it to his game 👏. Honourable mention to Eyoma who played superbly, and to Montsma for his goal - about time Lewis 😁👏

Very happy with the display yesterday, after the early setback. We started like rabbits caught in headlights, but settled down to dominate possession and it was nice to see Lewis coming in late for his strike ; also loved the audacity of his taking on the 30 yard free kick.

The play-offs it almost certainly is, then and time to shake off the spectre of all those previous missed opportunities.

What a season it's been, irrespective of the final outcome.

Morton for me, again, for re-modelling his game to suit our circumstances and making a great fist of it.

Would love to see him back next season, to see where his game goes next, when hopefully he'll have been able to do upper body work to improve his strength on the ball in the close season.

Last edited: