Who Was Your Man of The Match v Doncaster Rovers? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Doncaster Rovers?

Who was your Man of The Match v Doncaster Rovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know he was only on for 20 minutes, but Archibald was more of a threat during that time than the whole of our team for most of the rest.

Hopper put himself about, and did the best he could with the service he had, against a well organised Donny back line. He’s my MOTM today.

Hopper works hard, lived on scraps today but just doesn’t look like he is going to score, unfortunately. Would like to see him get in front of their keeper. Palmer made no mistakes and commanded his box, and beyond. He deserves the vote.

Another match where was difficult to pick out a man of the match, but sadly this time not for the all round excellence of the team.

Bo one had a stinker, but no one really stood out on a day when it didn't really click against a well organised opposition.

Palmer was reliable as ever, one important save and tidy otherwise and no chance with a top class strike for the goal.

But across the 90 minutes I've gone for Edun. Some great passes, some of his usual shockers, some robust defending and possession retention, some good attacking work on his flank. Didn't deserve some of the (usual) pelters today, why so some people need a whipping boy?

I too thought Tom Hopper had an excellent game today, agreed feeding on scraps but if the approach play is better then those scraps turn into a feast - Service, Service Service. The midfield were not in tune today to provide that service. In addition, and what should not be lost was his defending especially towards the end when he was back in the left back position snuffing out the danger with nobody else around in an Imps shirt. However, that said, the score could have been a lot higher if it wasn't for Palmer. Commanded his area, coming for crosses and one stand out, that save with his outstretched leg. A fine performance from a quality goalkeeper who kept the score down.

One thing is for sure, the commentator of the day was not Sportin feggin Hortin. He appears to have learned two new words of which he is very fond "Picked" and "Out". Ball was picked out by Doncaster defender (sorry, don't know his name or number), "that was picked out by Edun", "Picked out your man of the match Tommo"? Intensely annoying.

One thing is for sure, the commentator of the day was not Sportin feggin Hortin. He appears to have learned two new words of which he is very fond "Picked" and "Out". Ball was picked out by Doncaster defender (sorry, don't know his name or number), "that was picked out by Edun", "Picked out your man of the match Tommo"? Intensely annoying.
That sounds 'a bit picky' to me.

Difficult again, but because nobody really stood out. I’ve gone for Grant because he was everywhere for the full 90 minutes and didn’t really misplace many passes. Honourable mentions to Palmer, Jackson (solid on his return), Edun (who kept battling away, apart from some misplaced passes) and Hopper (though nothing went for him yesterday).

Last edited:
I have gone for Palmer, sadly no one else to choose. To be fair I think he has been close in other games.

I have to say I thought both T.J. ( for a change) And Edun were poor today.

Johnson... was hardly in it, but the 3 or 4 times he was he almost created something from nothing. Noone really excelled. A tired performance against a very well organized team.

I thought that Tayo Edun had one of his best games so far for us. He battled from start to finish. Yes, there were a few stray passes but he also won a good amount of balls too.