Who Was Your Man of The Match v Crewe Alexandra? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Crewe Alexandra?

Who was your Man of The Match v Crewe Alexandra?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Montsma for be. The lad is getting better game by game and I’m sure his value to getting bigger game by game as well

Montsma - faultless in defence, faultless decision making, faultless distribution. As assured a performance as you could wish to see. I am docking him a point though for missing that tap in after 45 seconds.

Another very decent team performance, but I've gone with Montsma who was superbly calm all match at the back.
I'm starting to think he's a reincarnation of Franz Beckenbauer, if he was dead of course

Yet another strong team performance. Hopper was strong in attack and some useful defensive contributions, McGrandles had probably the best game I've seen from him, Harry A took his goal beautifully, was hard working and a threat all night. The whole back 5 were resolute under pressure in the last part of the game.

But for sheer class and, at times outrageousness, Montsma gets my vote.

Hagelslag for that boy, got to be Montsma.

He is class whether doing his job defending, marauding runs with the ball going forward out of defence or with some exquisite long range passing. I have never seen a center half with so many different attributes who has played for City. Trevor Peake for me takes some beating but Montsma's all round qualities are a different class.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a better all round performance from a centre half than Lewis tonight. The fact he’s so comfortable on the ball means he just gives an extra option when we have it in midfield as it’s not a negative option passing it back to him. As well as those stupendous diagonals he was sliding the ball into the front men with ease & when it came to defending he was so cool with interceptions on his chest et al as well as standing up to an aerial bombardment at the end.
On another day a few players could be MOM but has to be Lewis for me.

Montsma - simply pure class. Getting better every game. Feel sorry for the likes of Palmer, when you consider the vital part he’s played in City’s defence, yet he hasn’t had a look-in. Just shows you how good the defence is playing as a whole.

A lot of good performances again, McGrandles had his best game in a city shirt, I haven’t been quite sure about him at times, but last night he did really well.
Good performances again from Palmer, T.J. And Walsh. But as everyone has said Montsma is looking a class act and gets my vote for last night.