Who Was Your Man of The Match v Charlton Athletic? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Charlton Athletic?

Who was your Man of The Match v Charlton Athletic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said it was going to be a hard choice and it was. In the end went for Eyoma. Last season I wondered what the hell he was here for and never thought we would see him back again. So a big surprise to see him return, and what a decision it was to get him back too. Big mentions to all the back line who were superb.

I also thought Hopper lead the line so well and harried their defence the whole game and they couldn’t really handle him. Great to see Bridcutt get 90 mins too.

Lots of contenders for MOM - a most excellent thing to witness again...

For me, young Roughan takes it, great defensive work, great forward moves - and a turn of speed to boot. Oh, and a cheeky dose of the verbal to the opponent in a full blooded tackle.

Great stuff.

Come on you Imps!!!!!! ©

Has to be Jackson - goes about his work quietly and efficiently. How many times, when the ball was going into the box, did you see Jackson clearing it. I lost count. And that block in the first half was awesome. I think he is the perfect partner for The Monsta. Honourable mentions for Roughan, who had a superb game and Grant, who is taking much more responsibility. Another great team performance. 👍👏

Can I just say it’s amazing how many contenders there have been for MoM in the first few games. Just shows how MA has got them truly playing as a team, really well organised and complimenting each other superbly. Long may it continue 👏👏

Yes again a case can be made for half the starting line up.

The young defenders yet again show superb composure and awareness. I am always pleasantly surprised by Roughan's decision making and ambition when passing up the pitch.

Jackson was always in the right place at the right time - the new shackell?

The midfield unit handled the quick Charlton attacks in the first half, and all showed their class.

Hopper is my MOTM. He defended from the front and made a general nuisance of himself. His ability to "win" a free kick was essential at times when Lincoln found it hard to win territory, and helped break up some of the first half pressure. He is already an essential component of the Appleton system.

Grant for me with a goal and an assist. Won the ball, made telling passes and got us heading forwards. Another game with a lot of contenders though.

Jackson. Calmness personified, unruffled, and able to play the ball out from the back.
I also thought Bridcutt was excellent in tidying up in front of the defence. A good skipper's performance.

Monstàaaaaaààà for me. One error in the first half but otgerwise solid and, of course, the goal.

Hopper's BAFTA is in the post. ;)

Our Dutch talisman for me too, although the entire back four were excellent, resulting in a good side simply running out of ideas.

Roughan for me, looks a cracking prospect and one I think most expect to leave the bank for decent money.

Just hope he keeps himself grounded and keeps working hard.

I'd gladly swap him with £50m Benjamin Mendy at City now .... Roughan gets better with every game :clap:

jackson. but the overall teamwork gets the gold star. the early issues appear to have been dealt with - no huge gaps in midfield, no free headers when defending set pieces.
has there ever been a week where every player received votes? we must be getting close to that.

Jackson for me. Seems to have been a signing hardly anybody has talked about, yet looks to be a fantastic organiser and troubleshooter in his own right. That block was incredible! Another excellent Appleton signing.

Great performances from Bridcutt, TJ, Roughan, Grant and Hopper too.

Gone for Jackson, very solid and lead the young defence through a largely untroubled second half to another Clean Sheet against a talented side;

Honourable mentions to Bridcutt who joined up our defence and attack well, and Hopper who worked his socks off and is winning oodles of dangerous free kicks.

After much mulling over and considering other comments on here about players, I have gone for Bridcutt - thought he made an immense contribution in front of the back four and in providing that link with the front three.