Who Was Your Man of The Match v Charlton Athletic? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Charlton Athletic?

Who was your Man of The Match v Charlton Athletic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roughan, Hopper and TJ were all good for me and Grant, Jones, and and Montsma weren't far behind, but Jackson stood out for me.

Honourable mention for Johnson who look very good in the 10 minutes he got.

I’ve gone for McGrandles - Hopper, Grant, Bridcutt, Roughan and Jackson were all fantastic but I think Conor turned up all over the pitch and regularly tidied up and shut down Charlton attacks before they got too dangerous.

Another team performance, case could be made for any number of players.

Jackson organised the defence superbly and made one key block when we were under the cosh 1st half. Montsma less secure, but some important work and yet again, a goal.

Both young full backs were terrific, really putting in a shift in defence and supporting attacks, but with skill to complement their work rate. Roughan really is a prospect, TJ looks better each game.

All the midfield and forwards contributed, but I've gone for Hopper. Gave the Charlton defence nightmares, constant hard work clever in deciding whether to lay off or draw a foul, hes a master at it and that led to the first goal.

Hopper for all the work and free kick winning. Great to have another game where 3 or 4 were worthy of MOM.

I have gone for TJ, cannot believe he is only in his first month in professional football. Jackson very good, Montsma deadly up front again, Roughan making a nonsense of his age, another goal and another assist for Grant. Not much between any of those five.

Yet again lots of candidates but I've plumped for Roughan just ahead of Eyoma, Jackson and Montsma. The defensive quartet stood up really well today I thought but Sean added much going forward as well.
Love it when there's quite a few options to mull over

Monsta for me too. Clinical finisher and a decent game in defence. His partnership with Jackson is developing nicely; thought all the back four put in good performances.

Roughan has a great footballing brain for a seventeen year old. Clean passer of the ball and a hitherto unseen turn of pace, in his first half run towards the edge of the box.

Honourable mentions also for Hopper, who is rapidly justifying his long contract, Grant and a promising cameo from Johnson.

Jackson starting to look a really good signing. unrushed and comfortable with the ball at his feet. Lincoln defender and comfortable with ball are not something we have been able to say too often over the years.

Hard to choose between Jackson or Montsma for me. I'm going to go for Montsma because he's got his modelling to worry about as well, so he was multi-tasking

I've changed my mind a few times and finally settled on Jackson. It was so important he held that defence together at a critical time (super block in the first half) and then used all his experience to marshal the young 'uns into a flawless second half defensive display as a unit.

Jackson starting to look a really good signing. unrushed and comfortable with the ball at his feet. Lincoln defender and comfortable with ball are not something we have been able to say too often over the years.
Lincoln defender and connecting with ball was not very common either.

Although this was yet again an excellent team performance with a number of outstanding displays. I give you Montsma, Jackson, Grant, Bridcutt, Roughan and in particular Hopper who I thought had a very decent game, the improvement from last season is clear to see. However, the person I think deserves MoM is "TJ" especially on his first half performance. His defending, trickery and passing was all in evidence. He quietly goes about his business in an unassuming and mature way. Thought he was value for money throughout and deserves the accolade.

I'll stick with Roughan, although as said, it could be any one of a number of players. Great team performance again.

Yet again so many to choose from!
Eyoma, Roughan, Montsma and Jackson all did great at the back to snuff out the Charlton attacking threat.
Grant involved in both goals, Hopper lead the line superbly, but I'm going for the skipper thought he led his young team superbly, breaking things up all over the pitch and getting us forward.