Who Was Your Man of The Match v Burton Albion? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Burton Albion?

Who was your Man of The Match v Burton Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All round good team effort, one or maybe two only slightly below par but that should not detract from a comfortable win. There have been hundreds of times over the years when you’re on the edge of your seat worrying about the opposition. Strangely, I don’t have that with this Lincoln team. A team packed full of hungry skilful players. Thought Johnson was on the money again, credit Howarth, gets better by the game. Agreed, Walsh was assured in defence. Scully played extremely well as well. Gone for Grant when all said and done he just makes things happen going forward and in defence. Tbf it could be anyone - happy days.

So difficult to choose but for me Johnson just shaded it. Some great footwork and link play plus a cheeky brace. Just preying he’s still here in 2021.

I gave it to Grant. He did things today that the other 21 players simply couldn't do.

Jones and Johnson also deserve a mention and Howarth continues to improve.

Well, this time the only safe bet is - it wasn’t montsma.

lemon boots was on fire again today, he really has that X factor that makes a difference in attacking areas. superb close control. If he can add it on a regular basis we are going to take some stopping.

Gone for Johnson, such pace and what a first touch that lad has!

Starting to score now, but he could so easily have had a hat-trick with that final chance.

Second game running you could make a case for a good half dozen. Plumped for Scully in the end. Great all action display which was rewarded with his goal. His performance down the right got us going early doors

True team performance again, Grant had some stunning moments, Scully effective, but two real performances for the team stood out - Walsh, calm and assured keeping the defence in shape when the intensity dropped. Hopper, leading the line, roating into midfield and even defence at times, and having a real battle with Bozzie. Hopper gets my vote.

It was Walsh, Grant or Johnson for me.

Walsh breezed through the game and was happy to take the ball all the time regardless of who and what was around him.

Johnson was very good, some lovely turns and skill, and of course two goals and an assist.

But it was Grant for me. Take the flicks and tricks out, all of which came off today, and the basics of the game were there. Long pass, short pass, making himself available - those basics are what we were praising Bridcutt for last season and this. That enables us to build and provide for the likes of Johnson, Scully etc.