Who Was Your Man of The Match v Blackpool? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Blackpool?

Who was your Man of The Match v Blackpool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of options yet again but I've gone for Bridcutt. Gave them their early lead but what you need from a player after that is for them to really get into the game and be the leader we know he can be. That's exactly what we saw from that moment. A real captain's performance underlined by that sliding tackle late on which stopped them getting away.

Good display all over the pitch albeit with a few errors. Those errors can be forgiven with an overall team performance such as this and an away win.
Montsma in the attacking box with a cracking winner, another jar of Appelmoes for him plus Grant and Bridcutt in the frame, but for me Johnson gets it by a short head. He was the catalyst for our two penalties and without his pace and live-wire performance the result may have been different.

Difficult one but Thomo summed it pretty well, make a mistake and hide or put it right and Bridcutt did that

Also gone for Bridcutt, after his howler for the first goal he put in a captain's performance, controlling the midfield 2nd half, always first to the ball, great passing and 2 vital interceptions.

Overall yet another team performance, 3 other standouts - Johnsons rawness showed at times but pace and skill earned 2 penalties and a great (non) save. Jones again won a lot in midfield and rarely wasted a pass. Edun helped contain Blackpools main threat and got forward 2nd half- what was that run to the right wing about - but 10 seconds later back in position to intercept.

Bridcutt for me. After two or three games to settle in, back to the player we were also so excited to see sign for us back in the summer. Real Captain's performance.

Grant MoM. Two cooly taken penalties, some lovely set play balls into the box, scrapping, tackling, always trying to get us forward. Johnson a close second.

Cannot just discount Bridcutt’s error, he plays within himself during the first 20 minutes. Thereafter, as today, he is brilliant.

I don't think much of Radio Lancs astute observations!
I listened to their commentary (because I had no choice, thank you I Follow) - interesting comments about Edun They were clearly confused that he didn’t seem to be a full back, but was wearing a number seven shirt. Whatever - Hamilton didn’t seem to get much of a look-in when he replaced Roughan.

I had to go with bridcutt vital intercepts saved us a few times saying that all the team work as a team doesnt seem to be a i in team for all these lads . Great effort all the way through from top to bottom .

Gone for Bridcut, don’t think he is still up to speed but what a battling performance after the early error, nothing to choose between any of them though.

I'll go for Johnson too, earned both pens. Has pace to burn, direct and quick feet. Looks like the only way to stop him is by knocking him over.

Alright his first start, but looks an excellent signing.