Who Was Your Man of The Match v Accrington Stanley? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Accrington Stanley?

Who was your man of the match v Accrington Stanley?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Payne for me, was everywhere, closed down and pressured constantly. Tempted to go for Bolger as he played well despite being sick !

Thought several players had a great game today, but I've gone for Payne. His close control, use of his body to shield the ball and turn (sometimes without touching the ball - which I've waited so long to see in an Imps shirt) were superb, plus he played some beautiful passes.

Payne played very well but I agree with Thommo - for O'Connor to step up and play like he did given the circumstances. Nice goal too Micky.

Also special mention to Bolger, who played 90 minutes of football after a bout of the squirts. Man has gone way up in my estimation.

Having O'Connor in there allowed some of the creative players to really flourish. However, it would be churlish of me to ignore an outstanding debut, so for me it has to be Payne.

A hard choice, as there were several possibilities - Payne just about shades it, but could have been Bolger, Bostwick or O'Connor. Bolger particularly looks like a different player, I was very impressed with him yesterday after being far from convinced previously (and if that's true that he wasn't even well, extra kudos to him!).

Gone for Michael O'Connor he's also in the league paper team of the day too.
Mentions for Bolger, Bostwick, Payne and Morrell.

Just gone for Morrell over Payne ( I suspect he will win his fair share this year.)

The movement yesterday was fantastic along with energy levels. Great team performance.

I've given it to Payne, but it could have gone to a host of others such as Morrell, O'Connor or Bostwick. Then you hear the conditions that Bolger had to play under and he could have easily been man of the match. Great team performance yesterday.

I've given it to Payne, but it could have gone to a host of others such as Morrell, O'Connor or Bostwick. Then you hear the conditions that Bolger had to play under and he could have easily been man of the match. Great team performance yesterday.

Yep, also went for Payne, he's like a little Jack Russell.

There could even be two valid winners: Bolger simply for playing when he was ill, and whichever player then had the biggest influence on the game. That could be Bolger too, because we could have been in real trouble with only one centre back.

Danny said in the post-match interview that he didn't know what he would have done, had Bolger not made it. He mentioned playing either Chapman or Akinde there instead, which would have been interesting.

Morrell. A great engine. Snapped at the heels of the Stanley players, from beginning to end, a fair turn of pace and excellent distribution.