Who Was Your Man of The Match v Accrington Stanley? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Accrington Stanley?

Who was your Man of The Match v Accrington Stanley?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excellent team performance but Elbo stood out. If he'd have put away a couple of other chances he would have been close to a 10

Elbow. Should have been a 9+ tonight, but even allowing for some errant finishing he absolutely terrified them and gets an 8.5 for the wow factor when he did get it right.

However he only just shades it from Edun for me. He was ultra consistent, covered every blade, won tackles, carried the ball, made runs and was always looking forward with crisp accurate passing.

I thought he had a fantastic match, probably his best in an Imps shirt.

(Yet another) one of them, a great team performance and everyone contributed (though Palmer, Jackson and Melbourne had quiet nights!).

But Elbouzedi's was the match-winning performance, 1 goal, contributed to 2 more, didn't let two early misses get to him, showing the character which typifies this squad.

Both Gotts and Grant had very good games tonight. But Scully worked his socks off tonight, on another night he could of had a hatful.

Has to be elbow, he was electric. Really hard to gripe about anything MA is doing and how fantastically well we are playing under him. However I still don’t see why Zack hasn’t played as often. The last two EFL games he has now scored and set up goals in both games. Maybe something else isn’t right in training etc, but for me he would be nailed on to get more game time, especially when defenders are tiring.

The most notable thing was the team performance, but Zack if I have to choose one. Should have had three or four.

Great team performance. If only we had finished some of those other chances and chalked up a big big win, which we’re overdue. Most of the team were MoM in one way or another, but Elbo was always a threat and gets my vote.

Has to be elbow, he was electric. Really hard to gripe about anything MA is doing and how fantastically well we are playing under him. However I still don’t see why Zack hasn’t played as often. The last two EFL games he has now scored and set up goals in both games. Maybe something else isn’t right in training etc, but for me he would be nailed on to get more game time, especially when defenders are tiring.
Not wishing to endow MA and the coaching team with mythical zen-master insight (although a glance at the league table......) , more day-to-day training, performance stats, etc but I suspect they think Zack isn't quite at the level they want yet for league games, despite what he's shown against L1 oppostion in the last two pizza games. Similar applies to Roughan at left back.

MA has a clear vision of what he wants his players to do. That it manifests itself not in 11 programmed automatons grinding the opposition down, but in the most joyous, at times uninhibited football backed up with the conditioning and discipline required to make it work, is the most remarkable thing I've seen in over 50 years watching the Imps.

Gone for gotts, best game he has played in midfield, and scored one. the passing and build up play in general through midfield was superb.