Who Stays, Who Goes | Vital Football

Who Stays, Who Goes

As you say - no big surprises but some big gaps!

I hoped that getting promoted just might have given us a chance of keeping Iverson and Barlaser. Much as Dan was my favourite player it’s a big step from league one to the premiership and I am not sure he is ready for that leap!

I was hoping we could keep all our loanees that were with us at the end of the season but both Barlaser and Iversen might be heading for Premier League games so you can't blame them for wanting to stay with their parent clubs - I just hope they don't get pushed out somewhere else after a few months - unless it's us of course!

EFL transfer window opens on 27th July according to RUFC Official site. We should definitely get Barlaser and Iversen back if at all possible. Rumours so far are that Jones and Price have been offered new contracts, Blackpool are now leading the bidding for Yates, though nothing finalised (as far as I can see) on official site. In recent interview with Warney , he said that he was looking to sign six or seven more players - don't know if that includes re-signing 2019/20 loanees or not

Last edited:
And I see the transfer window is lasting longer. I'm never sure about this transfer window you know, I hate that last day when you're sitting waiting.

And I see the transfer window is lasting longer. I'm never sure about this transfer window you know, I hate that last day when you're sitting waiting.
EFL statement printed on RUFC Official site - International deadline 5th October, Domestic deadline 16th October. Not sure if players from Scottish, Welsh, and N. Irish clubs need international clearance - hopefully somebody at RUFC will check!

Jerry Yates has gone to Blackpool - RUFC Official Twitter.
"Blackpool have met our valuation".
No fee mentioned officially , but unofficial sources are saying £200 000 plus
Always a hard trier, so good luck to the lad.

Last edited:
Millers fan on Radio Sheffield Football Heaven just said Millers will announce two signings on Friday. Could one be Adelakun?

No Millers transfer news on Radio Sheffield Football Heaven tonight (24/07/20) . Looks like the Millers fan who phoned in earlier in the week about two new signings was wrong

No, don't give Barnsley the chance to nip in first, eh!

I see that Carlton Morris has signed a season long loan back with Wimbledon.

Just checked a "Millers transfer" internet post... turned out to be about Aveley FC of Isthmian League North, who have the same nickname as us!
They played, until recently, at Mill Field... like Mansfield backwards :balloon:

Last edited:
From Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Millers still interested in getting Adelakun back... talks re Barlaser scheduled for next week.

Update 30/07/20... Saudi-backed takeover bid for Newcastle U. has been called off. Difficult to predict what effect that will have on the Barlaser discussions, but presumably Magpies team management team will remain the same for a while, so let's hope that works in our favour for re-signing him.

Update 31/07/20... any Adelakun deal likely to be delayed following sacking of Bristol City manager, Lee Johnson

Last edited:
So Price and Jones staying.... let's see if we can add Iversen and Barlaser now.

Some rumours about Kayode going out on loan again. His loan spells were successful last season. Does Warney think he is good enough for Championship level yet? With Proctor being injured, will Kayode be staying at the NYS? Probably depends on who else we sign before the deadline

Last edited:
Kayode loan to Carlisle probably means another forward is coming in.

Rumours today that Iversen has gone on loan to Leicester City's Belgian "feeder club":confused:
Makes the Millers job of staying up somewhat more difficult, if true.

Update 14/08/20 - Wiles staying under new contract until 2023

Last edited: