Who Says No Expectations | Page 4 | Vital Football

Who Says No Expectations

I am merely saying that these guys were around at the time. If they couldn't put up more more of a fight then I don't think they are worthy of protecting the club..and its fans into the future. I'm not suggesting criminality, just incompetence....that's where the risk is.
I agree with a lot of your posts and opinions normally, but this is just unbelievable!!
JJ could do nothing to stop the debacle that happened, in fact when he and DR tried to they were outvoted and DR was sacked.
So tell us exactly what he could and should have done. JJ is a passionate Wigan fan, as was his dad. You really are way out of order with this

Dubious, because he was around at the time of all the shenanigans....he must have had suspicions, surely...too much left unexplained...he needs to go, along with the Royles.

Disgusting comments about a bloke who is dyed in the wool Latics, Red card for you.

I agree with a lot of your posts and opinions normally, but this is just unbelievable!!
JJ could do nothing to stop the debacle that happened, in fact when he and DR tried to they were outvoted and DR was sacked.
So tell us exactly what he could and should have done. JJ is a passionate Wigan fan, as was his dad. You really are way out of order with this

Kenny, he may be a one in man through and through, but the club was brought to his knees on his watch. He should have known better.

What i dont understand is when darren royle was sacked was it a week before administration quote me if im wrong
So that the chinese got their vote through why then did darren royle and jj not blow the lid off things by making it public they where sacked and had nothing to lose

Disgusting comments about a bloke who is dyed in the wool Latics, Red card for you.

Look Zakky, I've nothing against him personally. I've had the odd chat with him myself. Undoubtedly, he is a nice guy.....but he was there when it all went belly up. He may be completely innocent. The point is that he was there, and he must have witnessed the whole sorry episode unfold.

I agree, Hindley, negligence is the word. We're in this mess because of it.

Please Notts, feel free to tell us of this "negligence".

So far, you've not mentioned anything that he's done to cause - or more to the point, could have done to avoid - this shitshow.

You're digging in Notts. That's sad.

What i dont understand is when darren royle was sacked was it a week before administration quote me if im wrong
So that the chinese got their vote through why then did darren royle and jj not blow the lid off things by making it public they where sacked and had nothing to lose

What purpose would that have served Bicky? It may well have cleared their consciences a little, but in terms of actually stopping the move into administration, I can't see how it would have helped in the slightest.

Please Notts, feel free to tell us of this "negligence".

So far, you've not mentioned anything that he's done to cause - or more to the point, could have done to avoid - this shitshow.

You're digging in Notts. That's sad.

Conversely, Moonay, can you explain why you have so much faith in him and the Royles...other than gut feeling?

What purpose would that have served Bicky? It may well have cleared their consciences a little, but in terms of actually stopping the move into administration, I can't see how it would have helped in the slightest.
Well for a start it would have shown just what these guys where and what they were upto and would have let us the fans know instead of that dreadfull morning after the Leeds game

Notts. I’ve previously been critical of Jackson. I felt he was unable to influence and advice Whelan/Sharpe effectively given a string of poor strategic decisions that were made by the club. I stand by that stance, despite the grief I took, so understand your perspective on this. That said I felt it was a good move that the **** Choi kept him on for continuity. However on this occasion I don’t feel what has occurred is his responsibility and so don’t agree with the critique of him over this. The real villains are those ***** who tried to destroy us.

If he was to get a seat on the board I also wouldn’t have an issue, can see the benefits of it and it would reassure me. From his perspective it’s perhaps unlikely he’ll be offered his job back at the club so may need to move on in the pursuit of other opportunities so may not actually want the hassle of it.

Conversely, Moonay, can you explain why you have so much faith in him and the Royles...other than gut feeling?

It doesn't work like that. You've said about him:
- he has a dubious history
- he must have had an inkling
- was taken in by a bunch of conmen
- may have something to hide
- too risky
- didn't put up a fight
- not worthy of protecting the club
- incompetent
- negligent
- should have known better

I dispute all of these .......in the context of his role (in running the club), and what subsequently happened. As for the Royles, it's the aspersions directed toward JJ that I take issue with.

You're the one making them ........ totally unfounded in my opinion. It's not for me to say why I have faith in JJ. It's enough to say that some of the things you've accused him of is poppycock of the highest order.

He MAY be, Moonay...keep up.

Make up your mind. Either you think he's innocent or not. Based on your earlier posts, you seemed to have been convinced of his "guilt". If you're now acknowledging that he "may" be innocent, does that mean that you concede you "may" have gone overboard with your initial condemnation?

Well for a start it would have shown just what these guys where and what they were upto and would have let us the fans know instead of that dreadfull morning after the Leeds game

I kind of understand where you're coming from, but other than them getting it off their chest, I can't see it would have had any beneficial impact.

Look Zakky, I've nothing against him personally. I've had the odd chat with him myself. Undoubtedly, he is a nice guy.....but he was there when it all went belly up. He may be completely innocent. The point is that he was there, and he must have witnessed the whole sorry episode unfold.

Forgive me if I am wrong but it seems to me that what you are saying is he is guilty by association.

If that is correct then as a college lecturer aren't you as guilty of spreading Covid.

You were there when it happened in the College and you didn't resign to stop it and yet students were allowed back.

I apologise for using this virus as a comparison but it does show how tenuous a link can be made to blame a totally innocent person, which I believe you to be.

JJ is a Ticsmon and has been all his life, he probably has made errors whilst in his position with the club, but as is said, let him without sin.......

We all make mistakes, but I for one have no concerns with Jackson as I believe any mistake he has made has been an innocent one and he had no malicious intent against the club.

In my opinion he is the perfect fit for a fans representative on the board given his intimate knowledge of the clubs workings.

Hear hear TB

I seem to be in a minority of one here. Moonay, stirring things up as usual, has led to some posters misinterpreting what my view is. Put simply, we are, hopefully, entering a new era. We need, in my opinion, fresh ideas to take us forward. Like it or not JJ was involved with the previous management team, which brought the club to the edge of the abyss. He is partly responsible...in my opinion.