Who next? | Page 38 | Vital Football

Who next?

Just seen the pre-match Sincil Sounds playlist on the club Twitter. One of the choices is XTC's 'Making Plans for Nigel'. Is this a subtle hint re our next supremo?

Well spotted, the club do seem to like giving out cryptic clues about transfers. Could this be a hint about the new manager?

No, too obvious. Cryptic would be the link between XTC and the lead singer and main song writer of the band, Andy Partridge, and our new manager, Alan Partridge.

Alternatively, the home town of XTC is (in)famously Swindon, so could our new manager be ex-Swindon manager Gary Flitcroft?

Well that was the sort of bet my Mrs puts on a Grand National no-hoper. Geoff Foinavon is apparently unhappy at Stiffkey Academicals.
i live in hope and am along for the ride regards the bet on NA.

Will still be having my usual set of football doubles on Saturday just for interest.

don`t look good for me ,odds rolling out to 25/1
Well spotted, the club do seem to like giving out cryptic clues about transfers. Could this be a hint about the new manager?

No, too obvious. Cryptic would be the link between XTC and the lead singer and main song writer of the band, Andy Partridge, and our new manager, Alan Partridge.

Alternatively, the home town of XTC is (in)famously Swindon, so could our new manager be ex-Swindon manager Gary Flitcroft?
By 'eck you talk woss shite than me!

Just seen the pre-match Sincil Sounds playlist on the club Twitter. One of the choices is XTC's 'Making Plans for Nigel'. Is this a subtle hint re our next supremo?
Think on that playlist there's also references to Flynn (Come a Long Way) and Ainsworth (Whatt took you so Long), though I have XTC running through my head every time 'Nigel' gets a mention.

Interesting most of the talk has been around 3 names. But seems like the club have been playing their cards close to their chest, I don’t think I’ve seen anything that actually confirms any names are in the frame! As I recall on previous occasions there have been confirmed names in the media as being considered/applying but as that hasn’t happened that leads me towards someone still in employment.
I still have a feeling maybe someone outside the main list but no idea who.

Interesting most of the talk has been around 3 names. But seems like the club have been playing their cards close to their chest, I don’t think I’ve seen anything that actually confirms any names are in the frame! As I recall on previous occasions there have been confirmed names in the media as being considered/applying but as that hasn’t happened that leads me towards someone still in employment.

Sutton came right out of the blue

We can now expect "Someone Else" to go straight to the top of sky bet's odds !

Was told yesterday that Ainsworth is the clubs number one choice and will go all out and do everything to try and get him. No reason to doubt him so it will be interesting to see if this happens or not sometime next week.

Was told yesterday that Ainsworth is the clubs number one choice and will go all out and do everything to try and get him. No reason to doubt him so it will be interesting to see if this happens or not sometime next week.
By someone ITK or making rumours up

By someone ITK or making rumours up

Don’t know the guy well but he is an Imps fan and a very decent guy. He said that he knows someone in the housing market tasked with sourcing a house in a certain area. By all accounts he has been correct about previous club news and said Ainsworth was the clubs main target. As I say I have no reason to doubt him.

Don’t shoot the messenger though, only passing on what was said!

What about Morecombe managerror bentley
I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned. He always gets plaudits for keeping them in the league on a really tight budget. I'd also like to see how Kevin Ellison would cope in L1 :LOL:

I am probably wrong about this but we're the Cowleys that high on the betting odds, as they seemed to come in with nobody knowing much about them.
We could be in a similar position here. Everyone touting 3 main names to take over, 2 of which are still in jobs, but if what I am reading elsewhere is correct, the board seem to have had one name in the frame for sometime. Had discussed this with DC & NC, and agreed that that person would be the best fit to take over.
IF the board knew the Cowleys were going a couple of weeks before they went it would possibly explain Danny's comments about THREE parties being involved in negotiations - not Cowleys, Hudds, and Weds. But Cowleys, Hudds and new manager.
But there again it could be complete bollox.
Face it we just don't know.