Who next? | Page 20 | Vital Football

Who next?

I see Ian Culverhouse at Kings Lynn is second favourite in some articles. Will be interesting to see who gets spotted at SB on Saturday. According to Liam we have been inundated with potential candidates already. Although I would imagine 99% of those were from Thommo!

get there early and do some spade work....we rely on you.
don`t forget the camera... visual.evidence no hearsay.
Look if Thommo turns up looking like a dogs dinner..... black tie routine with cravat then let him down easy and point him to his designated spot next to Hortin.

Adkins positivity would grate on me (result, I know...). Is there a more OTT positive manager around?

Pressure makes diamonds, We can only control the controllables, hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard.

Read through this thread on Adkins sayings (adkinsisms) on Saintsweb...........and try to think which manager of ours, recently departed, used a lot of these!!! and yes there are posters on there as well that find him grating as well as others that "celebrate" his positivity. You know which side I am on there. "Together as one." "Believe to achieve." "It's as simple as that"

Some (like me) think he's great, others (Sheff U fans and LukeImp) think he is a living David Brent.

Post #4 could have been a transcript of a Cowley line, where the poster has used several of his "goto cliches" in the same sentence:
https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?28987-Nigel-s-latest-sayings#.XXejkaTQiUk

Last edited:
Was only a tongue in cheek comment!

To be fair, he is an overly happy chappy, though. You'd lose 8-0 and he'd still wax lyrical over a 2 minute spell of pressure you had in the game.

To be fair, he is an overly happy chappy, though. You'd lose 8-0 and he'd still wax lyrical over a 2 minute spell of pressure you had in the game.

Maybe its in the delivery, where Danny says them with a serious face and serious voice. Adkins delivers the same cliches and statements with a beaming Ken Dodd smiling face and voice.

Then despite the same cliche and message Danny is a serious manager, Adkins is a clown.

With Flynn comes the engine room of Lennie Lawrence, who like Nicky was the backroom support for the manager. I imagine that any move for Flynn would also include Lennie. This may well be a factor in their favour i.e. split the responsibility like DC/NC model. Maybe this does has some legs.

The Newport forums are more resigned to the possibility of Flynn joining us, Wycombe don't seem to mention us basking in the victory over us last Saturday still, almost as if the news of the Cowleys leaving and our possible interest in GA has not reached them yet !

I don't think I could bear too much positivity at my age. If something goes wrong, it goes wrong, just sort it out, don't spin webs of jolliness in advance (or worse instead) of resolving the issue.