Who next? | Page 96 | Vital Football

Who next?

I think the majority of us were rather sceptical without doing the due diligence and research needed. Thankfully the great man himself, Mr Nate’s and co certainly did though.

Any appointment is a gamble in this industry but seems to be a good fit to me. Haven’t seen much mention of length of contract (& I know doesn’t mean much in football) but I think it indicates MA is prepared to hang around but also how as a club we’ve developed as we wouldn’t have seen such a contract length pre Clive
4 year deal - June 2023.

Any appointment is a gamble in this industry but seems to be a good fit to me. Haven’t seen much mention of length of contract (& I know doesn’t mean much in football) but I think it indicates MA is prepared to hang around but also how as a club we’ve developed as we wouldn’t have seen such a contract length pre Clive

Yes a 4 year contract is a surprise...perhaps it is what the Cowleys had been offered to stay but wouldn't sign?? Who knows.
What is does show is good intent from both parties to some long term stability and confidence all around too.

Yes a 4 year contract is a surprise...perhaps it is what the Cowleys had been offered to stay but wouldn't sign?? Who knows.
What is does show is good intent from both parties to some long term stability and confidence all around too.
Hi Buckielugger
His contract is until 2023 June

The 43-year-old, joins the Imps from West Bromwich Albion and has signed a contract until June 2023.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2019/september/190920-map/

The contract length is my only concern. If things go tits up that's a big pay-off, which has caused problems for those other less 'well managed' clubs we have criticised. However, if he is successful and bigger clubs come sniffing they will presumably have to pay us a fair wedge to get him.

The contract length is my only concern. If things go tits up that's a big pay-off, which has caused problems for those other less 'well managed' clubs we have criticised. However, if he is successful and bigger clubs come sniffing they will presumably have to pay us a fair wedge to get him.

I think the contract length is great. I imagine there are release clauses for both sides though.

I'd imagine that there is a set compensation fee if he is sacked. In the past, I'm sure it used to be 3 months wages with us. An article linking him to Hibs said that he walked away from negotiations due to the severance package being less than 12 months though. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...michael-appleton-walks-away-hibs-13992257.amp

Any clues/omens there?
I couldn't help but notice the year on my bottle, and same on the picture....1749.

So maybe heading for 17th place with 49 points??
One to look out for as season goes on...

Would actually be not too bad a first season in League One but I'm sure we're all confident of considerably better ?

Ok...17th place? Actually that would be a result !

It's a dour Wednesday evening so what better way to spend it then drag up an old thread on here. Managed to get through 3/4's of it. A good read and the board did incredibly well to keep the MA appointment under wraps. Hindsight shows MA met all the credentials the board outlines at the very start.