Who next? | Vital Football

Who next?

Anyone at Priestfield so nice having that buzz today.Another Cardiff type side would be best .Big time charley players who can't stand playing little old third rate Gillingham.On our tight pitch with the crowd behind the mighty Gills.

A big Prem team please. Scally would want away, Lovell would probably reckon home.

I’d personally say away to a stadium I haven’t been to before: Man UTD, Man City or Liverpool.

Otherwise home to Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal.

If not a top Prem team then I’ll settle with away to Everton or Newcastle. Ooh, or West Ham!

Accrington here we come!

Last edited:
Arsenal at Priestfield i would like but i would like us to make it to the 5th round so maybe a smaller team at home.

Big premier league club away - cash in as much as we can on our share of the gate receipts.

The remaining teams look quite evenly split between those you would hate to draw and those you would like.

For me best draw (all away)

Man Utd.
Liverpool
Arsenal

Worst draw (all away)

Millwall
PNE/Doncaster
Shrews/Stoke

If it is a home draw then I am torn between a winnable home (but going out to AFCW would be annoying) to hopefully result in a big premier next or a big club premier club at home. Problem with that as Durham would say it appears we don't make much from the gate receipts at home.

FA cup is all about unexpected income for me - some of which will hopefully reach the playing squad. Big away days seems to be the best way to maximise that

For me, a big Prem League club - Liverpool, City, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal etc - home or away. I’d take another lower Prem Club at home - Brighton, Burnley etc - as enjoyed yesterday and I think it would give us a genuine chance of going through. Failing that, I’d love to make R5, so Accrington, Wimbledon and co gives us a great chance (certainly no guarantee to go through)! There are a lot of potential bad draws out there - unglamorous teams who will probably beat us: Swansea, West Brom, Sheffield Weds etc. I desperately hope we don’t draw one of them away.