Who is Evans going to sign then..... | Vital Football

Who is Evans going to sign then.....

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
I've heard his interview we are having a squad of 20 and we have 6 at the moment if you take out the right backs Fullet and Hodson. That leaves us with plenty of gaps to fill

Who will accept our contract offers?

Which positions will the 5 loans be in?

Which previous loan signings might we get back on permanent deals?

I hope that our squad for next season includes at least three or four youngsters and that they are given a decent opportunity to showcase their match-day temperament and skill set. There will be more pleasant surprises in the mould of Jack Tucker, they just haven`t made their debut yet.

It seems probable that we may see tables turning in the coming months. The market place is set to change and with so many players seeking to gain employment at a time when we`ll likely see smaller squads, the market place might see a new order: less influence from agents and more signing power from clubs in a new "buyers market".

A key issue as far as the "early" signing of players is concerned might be whether or not a player is prepared to be more flexible. In terms of both lower expectation of wages and also, whether he would agree to a contract not taking effect, in terms of payment, until such time as the season starts - whenever that might be. As, clubs would surely be hesitant to acquire a player and be committed to paying him for goodness knows how long before the actual season starts. This particular clause was part of a pro deal agreed up here in the last week.

Getting in a new striker is a priority - no reason why we shoudn`t be aiming for a "Championship standard" player looking to gain some security with a 2 year contract.

Why did we offer Mandron a new deal? I really don't rate him. 5 goals in 23 games.

Why did we offer Mandron a new deal? I really don't rate him. 5 goals in 23 games.

I might be wrong here but didn't he look like he might have started to perform when something happened (was it a death in his family?) and he had to miss a game and then lost his place?

Apologies if i've got this wrong but SE obviously has his reasons for re-signing him.

Let's hope he gets better than his current stats suggest he is.

He evidenced his potential up at Sunderland, he has the tools. But, as you imply, he didn`t impress on a consistent enough basis to be a fan favourite. Perhaps it`s a case of decent squad player for us, can and might do better next time around.

I might be wrong here but didn't he look like he might have started to perform when something happened (was it a death in his family?) and he had to miss a game and then lost his place?

Apologies if i've got this wrong but SE obviously has his reasons for re-signing him.

Let's hope he gets better than his current stats suggest he is.
Up to the West Ham we had our best spell, with Mandron playing, I think his partner gave birth .

Judging by comments I would say it is unlikely we will bring in any experienced players .Evans will probably target promising young players both on loan and as permanent signings.

As far as I understand it, Evans has said we will be using far more young players but has then confirmed that the latest batch to come through the academy will not make the grade.

On that basis, all these young players will have to come from other clubs, apart from perhaps Henry Woods. Have I got that right?

If so, we are most likely looking at the Elliott List types, released by clubs such as Crystal Palace, Watford, Millwall, Reading, etc - or maybe from Midland clubs like Wolves or West Brom.

From what I saw of young Roman Campbell (which was only a couple of games tbf) I was surprised that we let him go. Must be a good reason for that, wonder what it was ? Seemed to be one for the future as he evidenced good skill and compete level on the field of play, maybe he was inconsistent.

From what I saw of young Roman Campbell (which was only a couple of games tbf) I was surprised that we let him go. Must be a good reason for that, wonder what it was ? Seemed to be one for the future as he evidenced good skill and compete level on the field of play, maybe he was inconsistent.

I recall that he said that none of the young players had the mental attitude that he was looking for.
He praised Tucker on his attitude and maturity and indicated that the others were not as serious.

I recall that he said that none of the young players had the mental attitude that he was looking for.
He praised Tucker on his attitude and maturity and indicated that the others were not as serious.

Ta, Shotshy. It didn`t think it would be his footballing potential. Players` heads and motivation have to be right, we can all think of people who played in a GFC shirt but showed little in the way of conviction.

The very successful loans this year give me reason to believe our credibility as a destination will have gone up. I'm sure Evans will be touting that when knocking on the doors this summer - we really should be in a fantastic spot with so many PL clubs in London so hopefully we can add some real quality on that front.

We're pretty clearly going to lose Tucker and Ogilve this summer, so hopefully a quality young centre back is on the agenda to play alongside Max.

As for Mandron, I think he's replaceable with a young player, personally. We're clearly going to ride Akinde like Sea Biscuit next season anyway. Young, energetic legs up and at full back will be the order of the day!

Ta, Shotshy. It didn`t think it would be his footballing potential. Players` heads and motivation have to be right, we can all think of people who played in a GFC shirt but showed little in the way of conviction.

Reading between the lines Lancs, I think he was intimating that the young players were not taking it seriously enough to warrant a pro contract.
Others managers could take the attitude that young players need time to mature, whereas BFSE is about the here and now, as he has proven with young Jack.

I only saw Roman Campbell a couple of times, looked promising. Remember Oldaker, how promising did he look but the decision to release him looks sound with hindsight. Some players make their way back up but we don't have the luxury of hanging on to numbers of might make it types.