Who goes, who stays? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who goes, who stays?

That is exactly what I am saying, rA, 'we need a rebuild' but that it will take longer than what we want. Your suggestion may or may not be what GR does but it goes along with mine that he will have to manipulate the squad as best he can. It will be the start of the rebuild, it's just that we want an immediate rebuild!!

That is exactly what I am saying, rA, 'we need a rebuild' but that it will take longer than what we want. Your suggestion may or may not be what GR does but it goes along with mine that he will have to manipulate the squad as best he can. It will be the start of the rebuild, it's just that we want an immediate rebuild!!
Mac Yes we need a rebuild but we have to be very careful Think we would all like to see 7or 8new players but that's not going to happen Get it wrong and this division will eat you up Look at Reading last year one penalty away from being in the Prem This year flirted with relegation all season This next season will be the toughest yet with the teams in this division No Burton or Barnsley to save you if you hit a bad patch Good teams in Wigan and Blackburn coming up with a lot to prove

Correct Mista, everybody knows this team has both a limited lifespan and limited potential. Ideally, Mel spends zillions and everything in the garden is rosy but that ain't happening. So, unfortunately, we have to be patient and do it bit by bit.
I am not advocating a slash and burn policy but pointing out that this team is, in the main, history!

Swales So what your saying is Pulis should get rid of all his players because they got outplayed twice by Villa at the same stage as us Yet your tipping them for success next year plus theve spent a lot more than us Of course we have to make changes but not the amount you are advocating For a start its not practical either financially or contractually How can you call them bottlers not quite good enough but not bottlers Players like Huddleston Johnson Davies Ledley Vydra Nugent Jerome they have played in promotion winning team The term bottlers is just a lazy way of fans showing their dissapointment

I agree that one cant simply get rid of players, the costs would be ruinous, though we can have a bloody good go at selling some even at a loss to lower the wages.

I agree all those players have played in promotion winning teams, the important word there is "have" Johnson, Davies, Vydra and jerome werent on my list to start with and some will go because they are sale-able - Huddleston, not entirely sure why we bought him - high wages passed it, Ledley was a panic free signing and I believe is out of contract now - Nugent was good, has shown only glimpses another overpaid has been - for me they have on many occasions bottled it - not one grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck or showed any kind fight, or even looked like they believed both against fulham and on many other occasions - bottler - someone not up for the fight, who crumbles under pressure - it works for me!

As for Boro, they weren't out played over two legs, I was at villa park and they were very unlucky - the difference, Bruce got his tactics spot on, the villa players hung in there and matched Boro, plus a bit of luck when needed with shots hitting the woodwork, which if Boro had scored my well have changed the match.

Correct Mista, everybody knows this team has both a limited lifespan and limited potential. Ideally, Mel spends zillions and everything in the garden is rosy but that ain't happening. So, unfortunately, we have to be patient and do it bit by bit.
I am not advocating a slash and burn policy but pointing out that this team is, in the main, history!

As has been pointed out elsewhere, it does not require spending millions, but buying overpaid "big name" championship players is not the way, yet we buy those who are over the hill on big wages, we buy players other clubs are only too keen to get rid of and pay big money for them, something wrong there!

Latest Rams News