WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#2) | Vital Football

WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#2)

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Thank you to Eastleigh FC Supporter Steve for answering these questions!

<b>Last Season's League Finish?</b>

Disappointing as hoped for play offs but think our FA Cup run, although very good, affected our league form to push for promotion.

<b>What Do You Think Of Your Manager?</b>

Ronnie Moore is a good manager and the most experienced we have had. He is still getting to know the team and he is slowly bringing in his own players.

<b>Hopes/Expectations This Season?</b>

The hope and expectation is automatic promotion but promotion through the play offs would be acceptable.

<b>One(s) To Watch?</b>

Luke Coulson and Reda Johnson.

<b>Top Five Predictions?</b>

Eastleigh FC, Dagenham & Redbridge, Tranmere Rovers, Forest Green Rovers and Lincoln City.

<b>Bottom Four Predictions?</b>

York City, Braintree Town, Southport FC and North Ferriby United.

<b>Thoughts on Lincoln City?</b>

I think they are a good team and Matt Rhead was your dangermen when we have played against Lincoln. The ground and facilities are one of the best I have been to in the National League. When we visited Sincil Bank on our final away day (in fancy dress) in April 2015 all the stewards and staff were friendly and helpful.

<b>Score Prediction?</b>

1-1.

<b>Random Fact About Your Club?</b>

It is planning to go and do charity work and support children by donating kits in a suburb of Nairobi called Eastleigh.

<b>What are your proudest and most embarrassing moments as an Eastleigh FC?</b>

All of my matchday experiences (home and away) are moments when I am proud to be a Spitfire.

My most embarrassing moment was when I fell (along with others) through the advertising fencing after Ben Wright scored the winning goal against Basingstoke which secured our promotion to the National League.

<b>Is there someone in the wings to fill the massive hole in your finances once the chairman realises he is better off at the club he actually supports Oxford?</b>

The club is debt free and I am sure when Stewart leaves (which is still a long way away) there will be someone waiting to take over (I don't have access to this information). He supports Eastleigh and has an interest in Oxford. This is evident from him being in the stands with fans at home games and standing on the terraces with the fans and drinking in the local pub/clubhouse at away games.

<b>Do you have a Supporters Trust and what role do they play at the Club?</b>

We have a supporters club which sponsors one of our players. They also arrange Quiz evenings/Christmas Raffle and Player of the month presentations. There are many others roles they play but can't recall them now.

<b>Where are you with your new ground redevelopment and is this the plan to be a self sustaining club?</b>

Today the concrete was poured into the foundations of the new building which will house the corporate facilities, first aid room, gym, classroom (for academy players).

This first building is planned to complete March/April 2017 and then further developments of all seater stands (capacity 12,000) will be built over the next few years, subject to planning permission. The club is already self sustaining.

<b>Your Chairman wrote off nearly £5m of debt. What on earth have you spent £5m on?</b>

I don't know. You can ask Stewart when you see him on Saturday.

<b>Even though he's written off the debt, is there something in place whereby he covers any outstanding contracts if he leaves?</b>

I don't know. You can ask Stewart when you see him on Saturday.

<b>Which was your most favourite match involving Eastleigh FC?</b>

Away against Bromley in April 2014 which we won 2-1 and knew that we had closed the points gap against them and that promotion was in sight.

<b>Which was your least favourite match involving Eastleigh FC?</b>

Home to Dover in Sept 2015 when we lost 5-2 to Dover resulting in the resignation of our manager Richard Hill.

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=465158' target='blank'><b>WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#1)</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=465305' target='blank'><b>WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#3)</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=465286' target='blank'><b>EASTLEIGH FC (H): Team News & Match Updates!</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=465298' target='blank'><b>EASTLEIGH FC (H): Form, Past Results & More!</b></a>

Jules - 22/10/2016 00:12

The club is already self sustaining.

Quick search on Google. First definition that comes up.

<b>self-sustaining:</b> "able to continue in a healthy state without outside assistance."

He doesn't deal with the awkward questions as well as the other lad, does he?

"The club is already self sustaining." That's an astonishing statement, isn't it? It leaped out at me when I read it. Is he serious?

"The hope AND EXPECTATION is automatic promotion." Is he serious? Get rid of Ronnie Moore, then.

"Today the concrete was poured into the foundations of the new building which will house the corporate facilities, first aid room, gym, classroom (for academy players)."

I wonder how long it took them to get to that stage. Probably less time than it has taken us just to talk endlessly about it.