Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 97 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

We seem to be in a "bit" of a mess, understatement there.

I am not going to make any more comments on who we or should not sign up, I will not join the woke and be labelled as seems common for some coach's, so for me what will be will be.

We made the wrong choice when we parted ways with Poch. Tuchel was made to manage Spurs and I am convinced he would have been a success here almost immediately.

Instead Levy's boner for Mourinho has absolutely sunk us and I don't think the club has the expertise or funds to right this ship in the short-term. The next manager is a lamb-to-slaughter now and the sad thing is they cannot do a damn thing about it.
Tuchel was still at PSG when we signed Jose. How would we have prized him away?

I'm inclined to agree, I'm unsure about Martinez, but would think that he's increasingly becoming the most likely, and I'd rather see him than some of the fringe European managers with no PL experience and limited or no success elsewhere, that we have regularly been linked with.
It would explain the lack of an announcement based on Lopetegui's experience (announced at the 2018 World Cup that at the end of the tournament he would be resigning as Spain's manager and joining Real Madrid, and was sacked the next day).

Tuchel was still at PSG when we signed Jose. How would we have prized him away?

I think we could have lured him away. He would have definitely been interested as he has said plenty of times that he supported us. It would have taken some money, but we wasted enough of that on Mourinho in the end.

I'm inclined to agree, I'm unsure about Martinez, but would think that he's increasingly becoming the most likely, and I'd rather see him than some of the fringe European managers with no PL experience and limited or no success elsewhere, that we have regularly been linked with.

Martinez will at least cement us a mid-table spot. I have zero faith in him as a coach but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. There are still plenty of coaches I'd have ahead of him.

Speaking about this with a mate earlier we are convinced that Roberto Martinez is next in line. The other names we think may get thrown in are Favre and then Valverde.

You're right, it certainly smells like Martinez. He wouldn't want anything leaking while they are still in the tournament. Like most, I didnt want Martinez, Howe or Benitez at the start of the search, now all three look better than the remaining options. All three at least have experience in the prem, speak good English and know who the players are.

Sad times, surely it would be more prudent to spend a bit more getting the coach we want, rather than having to pay someone off in 18 months when it has all gone to pot.... again.

This is not a manager search it's a bloody circus.
We've had/got; Clowns (laughs & pathos), High Flyers (suspense), Acrobats (bending over backwards), Spruikers (selling unpleasant, no value), Elephant (in-the-room), The great ring master (who???). Now waiting for the Master of Ceremonies to ring down the curtain, thank us for our patronage and send us all home enthralled, invigorated happy little vegemites.
Danny pleeeaaassse call Graham Potter, tell him the office sheila mislaid his number....... :ooops:

I get that and that it is quite a seedy world behind the scenes, but why is Spurs being used as the kicking can?. There are several managerless clubs out there, including in the PL. The sooner we get our shit sorted the sooner they can can take their circus elsewhere.

It makes some sort of sense; first, we had to await Paraticci's availability to start the job and even if 'informally' we may have been collaborating behind the scenes before contractually we could say anything, we have to back our faith in him to find and appoint the right man.

I've had a full brief on what happened with Fonseca and I believe it's accurate, that said I also know Gattuso was now never a candidate at all.

No question we are behind the curve now, but technically Paraticci still cannot be seen to be doing anything until after June 1st - and the Italian journo's are free to make up anything they like without fear of being pulled up by him as he can't say dicky bird and we as a matter of policy will not respond to speculation.

We seem to be in a "bit" of a mess, understatement there.

I am not going to make any more comments on who we or should not sign up, I will not join the woke and be labelled as seems common for some coach's, so for me what will be will be.
I will send the fence contractors around in the morning Pompey with a saddle . About ten o’ clock?

It makes some sort of sense; first, we had to await Paraticci's availability to start the job and even if 'informally' we may have been collaborating behind the scenes before contractually we could say anything, we have to back our faith in him to find and appoint the right man.

I've had a full brief on what happened with Fonseca and I believe it's accurate, that said I also know Gattuso was now never a candidate at all.

No question we are behind the curve now, but technically Paraticci still cannot be seen to be doing anything until after June 1st - and the Italian journo's are free to make up anything they like without fear of being pulled up by him as he can't say dicky bird and we as a matter of policy will not respond to speculation.

July 1st right?

This is the main problem with the club. We act like we have all the time in the world but every week that passes, since the moment the season ended, equates to points lost in the next season.

We are too slow. We either play it too safe or completely reckless. We are an absolute mess.