Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 90 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

I’m impressed Levy is finally letting DoF make decisions…times are changing…Manager sorted…squad next…could be a good year!

All my Italian mates are warning me from Fonseca, they are surprised that we are really considering him. He must be a cheap solution untill Poch is free.

As long as Fonseca is happy with the guys that have been hired around him to help him succeed. Power of veto he will have, but I can see Paratici having a strong say in the recruitment process. Personally, I didn't think Jose's lot ever looked as tight as Poch's who still all work together at PSG.

Who will have the final say on transfers? This part has always been a sticking point when we have tried this in the past.

In other countries the MDOF gets the final say. The head coach just gets the best out of what he is given.

If Fonzerelli is happy with that it should work well.

All my Italian mates are warning me from Fonseca, they are surprised that we are really considering him. He must be a cheap solution untill Poch is free.

He is 5th, 6th choice. It's a underwhelming appointment.

But we nearly finished joint 10th last season so I can't see things getting worse under most head coaches.

Who will have the final say on transfers? This part has always been a sticking point when we have tried this in the past.

In other countries the MDOF gets the final say. The head coach just gets the best out of what he is given.

If Fonzerelli is happy with that it should work well.

You are right the model didn't work in the past, but it worked slightly better than the mess Harry and Levy left us in without a DoF. People forget that.

I think you need a strategy first. For you and I, that is making it about younger players with a career trajectory but not yet the finished article. Players that can be nurtured by Fonseca and moulded into winners. You need strategies on how you promote the academy and how the loan systems is utilised. Plus the homegrown piece.

Then you need policy. Avoid contracts running down below 2 years and no player acquisitions over 25/26 years old would be a good place to start. Make that stuff as black and white as possible.

If we follow these basics, then Fonseca will know which types of players Paratici is bringing him and should be happy. We won't see farcical situations with idiots like Levy and Harry where they bring a Pienaar to the club on 75k a week, give him a couple of starts and permanently loan him out.

I have a sneaky feeling that Fonseca isn’t the person we’re after as there is no reason for it to take this long.
We are either after someone currently employed at the Euro’s or we have recently engaged with someone employed with a club that requires negotiating compensation.
Fonseca is free to go anywhere he wants, so it wouldn’t/shouldn’t take long to conclude a deal with him but some 2-3 weeks after being heavily linked with him, we still don’t have him here. Seems very strange.

As long as Fonseca is happy with the guys that have been hired around him to help him succeed. Power of veto he will have, but I can see Paratici having a strong say in the recruitment process. Personally, I didn't think Jose's lot ever looked as tight as Poch's who still all work together at PSG.

Unified purpose brings a team together. That will take time. I don't like Pochettino's group. There isn't any way to refresh the thinking and inject new ideas.