Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

I've always been a fan of a British coach/manager, however that maybe of no benefit looking forward to the SL.

I'm sure Levy will have someone lined up, and also sure he'll stuff this up again.

Brendan Rodgers has that no nonsense approach, yet achieves the balance of harmony and motivation.

With all due respect to Scott Parker, I think he's just too lightweight for us at the moment.

One thing is for sure, we'll need to keep Kane and Son if we're even going to win a game in the SL.

A couple of issues here that I am now completely convinced of.

1) Things have changed dramatically financially.

2) Moving to a Super League will just highlight what a mum and pop approach Levy has to running the club. What got us where we are will not take us to t he next level. Without a proper football executive, it's groundhog day.

There isn't a coach on the planet that can save us from Daniel Levy's micromanagement.

Talk of a young manager could lead to Potter. Done very little but is highly respected and has done a decent job at BHA on a limited budget playing attractive organised football. What could he do with a set of quality players (yes ours!) and a decent budget.

Get's my support '54.

2) Moving to a Super League will just highlight what a mum and pop approach Levy has to running the club. What got us where we are will not take us to t he next level. Without a proper football executive, it's groundhog day.

There isn't a coach on the planet that can save us from Daniel Levy's micromanagement.

And so....we are screwed. lol

He's the single common denominator at THFC. We ruin players and we make a mockery of so called top coaches. God help us.

We're struggling in the PL to mix it with the best, and we'll struggle even more in the SL, whilst getting more $ to look worse.

Great move.

It needs to be home-grown.
On that basis I guess Rodgers is the standout; He has the experience, the results, the CV. But there's something about him which I cannot put my finger on that makes me say no.
Ex, I bow to your superior football knowhow but that's how it comes out.
My vote, as I've said on previous threads goes to Graham Potter. I understand the doubts but I'm up for a gamble.

Surely not even Daniel levy would sack a manager without having someone in place .
Jose was in place before Poch was told .
Given how long it takes us to get a player over the line , it would take until next season before we appointed someone else , if this wasn’t the case
He absolutely must have the next one lined up .
I'm not so sure Walt. He sacked AVB without having a replacement in place (I'm assuming Sherwood wasn't the plan). Sometimes things get so bad you need to get rid. Imagine going into the summer with the current unrest in the camp. And the impact on season ticket sales. Get rid of the manager now and you can at least dangle the carrot of improvement to come.

It needs to be home-grown.
On that basis I guess Rodgers is the standout; He has the experience, the results, the CV. But there's something about him which I cannot put my finger on that makes me say no.
Ex, I bow to your superior football knowhow but that's how it comes out.
My vote, as I've said on previous threads goes to Graham Potter. I understand the doubts but I'm up for a gamble.

I like the out of the box thinking with Potter but it's not happening.

He hasn't proven enough to warrant a position at Spurs.

But let's just say for a moment we had the control to appoint that new CEO - who would you go for, a footballing man or a Businessman, we don't seem to have anywhere a model for a successful businessman come, football man, do we?

So if we were now to appoint a DOF who had the power to hirer and fire, who would it be?
Isn’t Levy what that CEO would be ? He is already there .
All we need to do is buy him another hat . !

How many of you would want Biesla?

I like his style and he comes across as a bit of a nutter.
He would save us a fortune on expensive pitch side seats .
Does he ever actually watch a game in progress ? He always looks at the floor .
He definitely comes across as a nutter .
I would love to see him orchestrating a training ground spying mission before the NLD.
Is Klingsman still involved in high level football . I don’t know what he is doing now .
The new manager debate is definitely more interesting than the next match debate ,

I read somewhere that the ex Bournemouth bloke was going to Celtic ,
I would go for Martinez or Benitez , although my first choice , like that matters ! , would be Nagelsman .
Young , fits all the criteria , with modern style approaches , and would be more in tune with the squad ,

Not having Mourhino around anymore is just lovely , he was dragging me down , so lord knows what he was doing to the players .

Surely not even Daniel levy would sack a manager without having someone in place .
Jose was in place before Poch was told .
Given how long it takes us to get a player over the line , it would take until next season before we appointed someone else , if this wasn’t the case
He absolutely must have the next one lined up .

So to add to the conspiracy theory. We played on Friday evening. Why did Jose go on Monday morning?

A) Because Levy knew he could mask it beneath the super league news.
B) Because when Jose came into work on Monday morning words were said that accelerated the decision.

Some from column A, some from column B right?

I personally think somebody has the ear of Levy. Perhaps multiple people. They have told him that we stand more chance of winning the Carabao and getting into Europe without the toxic one. This time, Levy finally digests the advice and takes action.

I can't wait for 6pm tomorrow. Watching an unshackled Spurs eleven take the field.

How many of you would want Biesla?

I like his style and he comes across as a bit of a nutter.

I know we've all spent a load of the season whinging about Jose's low block and counter-attacking football, but defence is important. Could Bielsa organise our lot into a side that concedes less than 30 goals? I'm pretty confident that he could get the goals at the other end.

I've always said you don't really understand a manager until they become your manager. I was left a little shocked at how bad Jose's management was after I was exposed to it. The coaching, the player selections, the media comms etc.

I can honestly say that I haven't paid too much attention to Bielsa, but in principle I have no objection as long as we think he can get us tight at the back.

2 very good reasons. Our financial constraints & the fact he wants the job at Bayern.

Well, every German coach wants the job at Bayern, doesn't mean they just get it when it comes available. sometimes the coach is under contract to another team. Other times, beleive it or not, but the coach may choose to not go there yet, in the interests of a new a different challenge somewhere else.

Not sure what financial constraints you are referring to, there was just a big announcement about hundreds of millions coming into the club. Do you think this guy would cost alot? In what way? I can guarantee he won't be given the 2nd highest club manager salary in the world.

I think he'd be an interesting choice, not saying I think he will be the choice tho. Anything could happen!

Last edited:
He would save us a fortune on expensive pitch side seats .
Does he ever actually watch a game in progress ? He always looks at the floor .
He definitely comes across as a nutter .
I would love to see him orchestrating a training ground spying mission before the NLD.
Is Klingsman still involved in high level football . I don’t know what he is doing now .
The new manager debate is definitely more interesting than the next match debate
I threw my cap in the ring concerning Klinsmann a couple of weeks ago. At 56 he's certainly not old by managerial standards, and has plenty of credibility, both within Spurs, and in European football generally.
Biggest negative is that he has been out of the game for quite a while now, albeit that he made a brief return with Hertha not so long ago. That didn't go well, albeit it seemed to be a case of him not fancying it, as opposed to him getting sacked.
I wouldn't be upset if we appointed him to work with a Director of Football, whilst mentoring an 'heir apparent', but it would be a gamble. Then again, short of Pep Guardiola, anybody we appoint will be a gamble.