Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

What I'm confused about is the role of Ryan Mason.

Is he just taking training until an interim manager is appointed? Is he interim manager himself until the end of season or until a new manager is appointed? the words on the club website are a little confusing.

Could we see Harry Redknapp pitch up at the club in the next 24 hours?

I do not believe he will be appointed interim manager.

I can hear the hooves of the white knight on his charger coming over the hill from SandBanks...

The much bigger question for me than which manager we are going to appoint next is who is going to be in charge of that appointment?

We are seemingly at a critical juncture in the club's future. Poch's appointment aside, the whole process of managerial appointments has been a failure. And there are some who don't even consider Poch to be a successful appointment.

The whole process needs to change. I haven't heard anything to suggest that it will though.

The much bigger question for me than which manager we are going to appoint next is who is going to be in charge of that appointment?

We are seemingly at a critical juncture in the club's future. Poch's appointment aside, the whole process of managerial appointments has been a failure. And there are some who don't even consider Poch to be a successful appointment.

The whole process needs to change. I haven't heard anything to suggest that it will though.

Poch has up until now been the most successful manager we've had in the modern/PL era, it's also the only one Levy can say was an unqualified success.

Maybe he'll re-try that again and recruit Southampton's manager?!

I have little faith in Levy getting this next appointment right, but then who else is there to make it?

Poch has up until now been the most successful manager we've had in the modern/PL era, it's also the only one Levy can say was an unqualified success.

Maybe he'll re-try that again and recruit Southampton's manager?!

I have little faith in Levy getting this next appointment right, but then who else is there to make it?

That's the issue there isn't anyone nor will there ever be.

We need a top Chief Executive. One that can hold his own with Levy but the respect is there.

Let them do the negotiations. Levy has to take a step back from footballing decisions.

That's the issue there isn't anyone nor will there ever be.

We need a top Chief Executive. One that can hold his own with Levy but the respect is there.

Let them do the negotiations. Levy has to take a step back from footballing decisions.

But let's just say for a moment we had the control to appoint that new CEO - who would you go for, a footballing man or a Businessman, we don't seem to have anywhere a model for a successful businessman come, football man, do we?

So if we were now to appoint a DOF who had the power to hirer and fire, who would it be?

But let's just say for a moment we had the control to appoint that new CEO - who would you go for, a footballing man or a Businessman, we don't seem to have anywhere a model for a successful businessman come, football man, do we?

So if we were now to appoint a DOF who had the power to hirer and fire, who would it be?

I always liked Zorc of Dortmund. Don't know many others. Would target the Ajax coaches and young players aswell.

What type of manager do we need ? One to paper over the cracks and work with what we have. Or one to rebuild from scratch with a new, modern brand of football. If the superleague goes ahead, do we need a big name ?

I’d like someone who knows and understands the Premier League.

Someone who likes to play positive, attacking football.

Someone who can inspire the players.

Personally I’d go for;

1. Brendan Rogers
2. Ralph Hasenhuttl
3. Graham Potter
4. Scott Parker

In that order.

If the sacking fee we must pay to Jose is true plus the finances due to covid, then I can't imagine us having too much cash for paying off another club for their manager (e.g. Liecester for Ex's crush). Given this I'd say that Rafa must be high on the list.

The payoff for Jose is under £20m. The fee to Leipzig would be around £13m. Total is less than the original "reported" Jose buyoff of £30m.

What type of manager do we need ? One to paper over the cracks and work with what we have. Or one to rebuild from scratch with a new, modern brand of football. If the superleague goes ahead, do we need a big name ?

The super league has potentially changed the road we go down.

I still like the idea of going with a younger manager who likes to play fast aggressive football.

Buying the best young talent in world football and giving some academy players a chance.

If we go down this route we will have to rebuild on a massive scale which for me is important for the club moving forward. We have some serious bad apples at the club that need moving on asap.

But I'm not sure this is the route we will take now. Levy has dined at the top end with the big boys I'm not sure his ego will go down a Jol or Poch route again.

Surely not even Daniel levy would sack a manager without having someone in place .
Jose was in place before Poch was told .
Given how long it takes us to get a player over the line , it would take until next season before we appointed someone else , if this wasn’t the case
He absolutely must have the next one lined up .

Before this ESL thing I would have thought Rogers would have no incentive to leave Leicester. May not be so now. Not sure I would want him. Can’t put my finger on why.
Nagelsmann has done so well at Leipzig on such a low budget he is an attractive option but if Bayern Munich is an option they would be favourites.
Talk of a young manager could lead to Potter. Done very little but is highly respected and has done a decent job at BHA on a limited budget playing attractive organised football. What could he do with a set of quality players (yes ours!) and a decent budget.
Bielsa would be an interesting option. He is a strange one to fathom. Would he leave Leeds and would he be put of by his protege’s experience with us.
Finally would Benitez be a reliable safe pair of hands who can steady our ship and maybe bring along a younger assistant from within who has Spurs traditions ingrained.
Choices?
Finally I think we are likely to leave appointing until the close season and the ESL dust has settled. Mason with Powell who was a highly thought of manager at Charlton so I believe could be an interesting combination for our final few matches.