Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 101 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

That was soooooooooo long ago.

Since then he was shit for TeamUSA, and the bit at Hertha…. Ya, no.

He had success w Germany (Go have a look at the teams), and he’s been crap everywhere else.

Great player. Good guy. Bad coach.
I think you ought to read my post again. I'm not saying he's a great tactician or that he's a leading player in the field, i'm merely saying he'd be a huge lift to an unbalanced & disjointed squad at this time.

Who would be your choice BS ? It’s a bit like getting the must have kids toy at Christmas . You know what you want but you can’t get it anywhere .
I want someone who isn’t afraid of the players or the chairman .
I want someone who will actually not bow down to the superstars . Not treat them badly , but not be afraid to say you are tired and I’m resting you this week and I don’t care how much you lose in bonuses .
I was a bit tongue in cheek with the klinnsman bit . Which is why I said klippity could help him .

I didn’t understand Levy when he said he wanted to someone to get us back to playing the free flowing football that we are famous for , after employing MOURHINO .
If he wants us playing free flowing football, then Jurgen is the man .
If he wants the CL trophy on his desk then he has to get a different hat on . And Quick .
If it’s a project that he wants, he needs to come out and say so . He sacked one bloke because his project projected itself too quickly.

In all seriousness, my choice would be to go all out for Ten Hag . I think he would fit the criteria for the club , but he would have to be left to do his job with the new DoF.
Apart from that ! …… I’m struggling

Outside of the top managers, we should consider likes of:

Diego Martinez
Ruben Amorim
Graham Potter

If Nuno walked in the Spurs door right now...they should lock it and not let him leave.

Plus he was my prediction, so I am biased...

Though seriously my top 3 were Ten Hag, Nuno, and finally the safe bet Potter.

So I am good with Nuno!

If Nuno walked in the Spurs door right now...they should lock it and not let him leave.

Plus he was my prediction, so I am biased...

Though seriously my top 3 were Ten Hag, Nuno, and finally the safe bet Potter.

So I am good with Nuno!

Really? He's a bit shit.

I'm really not won over by him & i don't believe the fans would be either.
TBH, most of the names being banded about are underwhelming. I just can't see a top coach wanting a long term project to fix this mess. I have no idea what Paratici's record is re. hiring managers or recruiting players from the UK. I don't want a complete Italian Job here, which will end with our (Jose) bus left hanging on the edge of a cliff.

The longer this goes on you have to start thinking we are waiting for someone managing at the Euros.
I'm thinking given paratici doesn't officially start his role until 1st July we're waiting to do a proper reveal on the 1st or 2nd - DoF and head coach together. There's surely been enough time to do the leg work by then and have it all in place. If nothing happens I'll be convinced it must be someone at the euros.

If by the end of all this we appoint Potter then Daniel will deserve a slap around the head. Let me explain. I'd be more than happy with Potter but to wait over 2 months to appoint him would be quite pathetic, even for us.

Or waiting until a few days before July 1st when ten Hag's contract extension clause is triggered. Playing some daft negotiation mind games for 6 weeks and then giving him what he wanted all along. That would be just like Levy.

TBH, most of the names being banded about are underwhelming. I just can't see a top coach wanting a long term project to fix this mess. I have no idea what Paratici's record is re. hiring managers or recruiting players from the UK. I don't want a complete Italian Job here, which will end with our (Jose) bus left hanging on the edge of a cliff.

It's always a concern whether Paratici can open his mind beyond what he knows based on being a long-term Italian league DoF. I hope he can.