Whitstable Tangerine | Vital Football

Whitstable Tangerine

markinkent

Vital Football Hero
Well at least one board member would have gone home happy.

Thought your team looked good, passed the ball well and attacked with drive and energy. Well worth the 3 points. Decent following as well.

Hope you enjoyed the day.

Met WT on the walk up to the ground yesterday and had a good chat.

I did warn him of that type of performance was quite likely to come from us given the recent showings, but I doubt he expected to see that.

Good to meet you and put a face to a poster WT

Yes likewise Captain, as for the match there was what could have been a turning point but alas Gillingham didn't make the most of the situation.
I thought Gillingham, were a shadow of their former selves certainly on the basis of the last match I witnessed, the first half in particular was as though they had turned up for a practice match.
With the penalty miss there was just a spark and I honestly thought they had turned the corner and were about to shine but although better in the second half it was always going to be an uphill struggle.
I am not sure what the summer will bring to both sides, certainly for Pool it looks very bleak, of those playing yesterday only three have contracts beyond this season, where the squad will come from by August is any ones guess.
Good luck for the future.

One of the worst Gillingham performances I can remember. Over the last 120 years I believe 6 home wins is the least ever ? So this is going down as our worst ever at home. It seems like many of those away wins were a bit flukey, now.

I still think there's a much greater chance of going down than the bookies are giving. I think it's very unlikely that we'll get another point now though the bookies have maybe pencilled in two or three points.

So my £30 bet is, sadly. not unlikely to see me reap £840 (at 28 to 1) though I hope it doesn't as 2 years worth of season tickets in league 2, fills me with dread.

Hi Whitstabletangerine, glad you enjoyed the game (how could you not !) Pool have been playing well recently and fully deserved their win at Priestfield. The contract situation must be a concern for your fellow tangerines but at least you have a good quality manager. Always been impressed by Gary Bowyer, if you can keep him surely you`ll be ok? Btw, did you notice how irate GB got with Nathan Delfouneso, despite him scoring he obviously managed to wind up his manager. NB was subbed after what seemed like a tirade from GB.

Hi Lancs, the Fonze gave away a couple of fouls first half both needlessly, one just outside the box and soon after we had scored the first goal, if Gillingham had managed to make something of it things could have been a tad different.
I have never seen Fonz play so deep as he did on Saturday, in fact I am not really sure what he was up to so perhaps he was just not following GB's instructions.
The fans have mixed feelings on GB, he certainly has proved he can motivate the players although on the other hand he has throughout the season made some really weird substitutions and kept playing out of from players when he has had other options.
I am not sure how he sees the close season, only three of the players on Saturday have contracts, three on loan in that side will go back to their clubs and fourteen others who have featured in the first team have no contracts with the club in place after the last game of the season.
What with the club being up for sale and the present owner having to find £25 million pretty damn quick to pay of an investor as instructed by the Courts we embark on yet another period of uncertainty.
All said and done, with one arm tied behind his back, the off field shenanigans and pitiful home support due to the NAPM boycott he has done very well.

That`s a heck of a lot of adversity to battle WT ! I`m in the PNE catchment zone but genuinely wish Blackpool FC well. Hope things come good for you Whitstable.