Whitehouse to Grimsby? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Whitehouse to Grimsby?

Quite a bit of crossover with the cods. We're not exactly Celtic and Rangers. Best of luck to the chap, but hopefully he'll have a stinker when he plays us.

Wonder what sort of reception hell get when we meet. A good squad player for us, will probably shine at blunders given the dross he'll be playing alongside. Can't imagine he's feeling great, he knows what he's going into.

Hopefully he'll get a good one, he certainly will from me. They were very respectful towards Arnold when we played them, hopefully we can be the same.

Hopefully he'll get a good one, he certainly will from me. They were very respectful towards Arnold when we played them, hopefully we can be the same.

I shall go with "indifference" myself. I don't think he's done anything to write himself into imps folklore even if he did score at wembley but I do acknowledge his passion when he pulled on the shirt so will neither jeer or cheer.

Not sure what the acrimony from some quarters is all about (largely folk on banter to be fair). He must have been on a small wage here, and unlikely to be starting XI long-term; seems a sensible move for him for personal reasons. The fact that it's Grimsby doesn't change that. I seem to remember someone making the switch the opposite way recently and being rather well liked?

He goes with best wishes from me. Best of luck (to a point!), Elliott.

No acrimony here. It's all been said by others, but can't blame him taking the chance to be a regular starter on a 2 year deal with better pay. We saw him as a squad player, offered wages to match and a 1 year deal as DC didn't feel he is good enough should we go up next year. He will get a warm reception from me if I'm at the game when he comes back.

I shall go with "indifference" myself. I don't think he's done anything to write himself into imps folklore even if he did score at wembley but I do acknowledge his passion when he pulled on the shirt so will neither jeer or cheer.

Just caught up with the news after weekend away but are you serious? Permanently in imps folklore because of that goal.

Disappointed he's gone, but can understand why - he's a curate's egg sort of player, honest and committed, but by no meant technically the best, by no means blessed with pace. His abilty to get into the box and snaffle a half-chance seemed more effective in the NL than L2, but central to two of the best moments last season - Wembley, obviously, where he ran and worked and worked and ran and wrote himself into Imps folklore, and his goal at Crewe when Woodyard read his run, he provided a great finish.

He seemed to get left out more often last season than I felt he deserved, yet always seemed to contribute more than the previous season when he seemed to have games pass him by.

The lad deserves a cheer, but hopefully no goals when he's up against us.

Really not fussed about it being the cods, much rather there than someone like FGR or MK, apart from 2 games a season and some lighthearted banter I don’t really bare them any illwill

Really not fussed about it being the cods, much rather there than someone like FGR or MK, apart from 2 games a season and some lighthearted banter I don’t really bare them any illwill

Agreed. I always think its good to have another local team to play off against. Seems to provide an extra 10% to the season as it did when Boston had their few seasons in the league with us. Would rather Grimsby prevailed over the likes of FGR/Morecambe to name but a few.

( Puts on tin hat and waits for reactions!)

Last edited:
Agreed. I always think its good to have another local team to play off against. Seems to provide an extra 10% to the season as it did when Boston had their few seasons in the league with us. Would rather Grimsby prevailed over the likes of FGR/Morecambe to name but a few.

( Puts on tin hat and waits for reactions!)

I am not sure why you would need a tin hat. Surely no one can disagree with wanting Grimsby rather than FGR/Morecambe/Crawley can they?