White lives matter - n/g | Page 15 | Vital Football

White lives matter - n/g

I nearly added (...but have been told off for over-long posts....:rolleyes:)

Peterborough wore white with blue trim .... which is what confused me on the day.
Gills wore red shirts and black shorts.

"Why ?" I have no idea.

And yes it was season 69/70 - so Jan 70

I'm not surprised that confused you. Does anybody have an answer as to why we played in red and black that day?

I also notice that you've (conveniently) missed/ignored or at very least failed to respond to my more pertinent post relating to facts, figures, details and truth.

You're always banging on about numbers, facts, details - so much so that I've characterised you on more than one occasion as a 'Gradgrind'* figure.

I believed you when you said that was your first game. You were, it seems, telling the truth. Yet you got your facts wrong. As I said before, sometimes the facts and details can be wrong but the spirit or essence remains true or correct.

Can you see now how the truth can sometimes still be being told, even when the facts/details are inaccurate?

Or will you just ignore this point for a second time?

* " Facts alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else. You can only form the minds of reasoning animals upon Facts: nothing else will ever be of any service to them."

" '“In this life, we want nothing but Facts, sir; nothing but Facts!' "

Last edited:
I also notice that you've (conveniently) missed/ignored or at very least failed to respond to my more pertinent post relating to facts, figures, details and truth.
Which "post" ?
(Some of your recent posts have been longer than mine ... so if a "request" was buried ......)

If your post had a request for some actual facts and figures, please repeat or signpost.
Thank you.

You're always banging on about numbers, facts, details - so much so that I've characterised you on more than one occasion as a 'Gradgrind'* figure.
I've never you seen you write "Gradgrind" before.
(A "search" returns that you used "Gradgrind" one other time in a thread I didn't read - until now.)
There. I've confirmed your stereotype ....;)

I believed you when you said that was your first game. You were, it seems, telling the truth. Yet you got your facts wrong.
OK. You got me ...... on trivia - a decades old footie game ! :sorry:
Those "facts" aren't going to change anything - unlike politics.

Is this a playground yah boo...
"But you said .....(something not quite right)" ?

Or was your intention to "expose Tarian as someone who's grasp of "facts" is tenuous " ....
.....by asking a seemingly innocuous question that I wouldn't research or check first ?

As I said before, sometimes the facts and details can be wrong but the spirit or essence remains true or correct.
If you want a conceptual response, then based on this definition:
"His name is now used generically to refer to someone who is hard and only concerned with cold facts and numbers."

It's easy and cheap for emoters to dismiss "facts".
(Media presenters are always emoting - and "apologising" for statistics...)

But if emoters demand action based on erroneous beliefs...
.....are you arguing that actions should follow based on "spirit #" and "essence" - especially if others point out a "cost" ?

# spirit does have relevance in how regulations are applied.
Covid-19 should have been simple - "
keep your distance" - but because of the way Regs (or Guidance) were drafted - we had sunbathing criticised !
A "Fact" could have resolved that !

If there were particular facts you wanted, please repeat or signpost.
Thanks

Which "post" ?
(Some of your recent posts have been longer than mine ... so if a "request" was buried ......)

If your post had a request for some actual facts and figures, please repeat or signpost.
Thank you.

I've never you seen you write "Gradgrind" before.
(A "search" returns that you used "Gradgrind" one other time in a thread I didn't read - until now.)
There. I've confirmed your stereotype ....;)

OK. You got me ...... on trivia - a decades old footie game ! :sorry:
Those "facts" aren't going to change anything - unlike politics.

Is this a playground yah boo...
"But you said .....(something not quite right)" ?

Or was your intention to "expose Tarian as someone who's grasp of "facts" is tenuous " ....
.....by asking a seemingly innocuous question that I wouldn't research or check first ?

If you want a conceptual response, then based on this definition:
"His name is now used generically to refer to someone who is hard and only concerned with cold facts and numbers."

It's easy and cheap for emoters to dismiss "facts".
(Media presenters are always emoting - and "apologising" for statistics...)

But if emoters demand action based on erroneous beliefs...
.....are you arguing that actions should follow based on "spirit #" and "essence" - especially if others point out a "cost" ?

# spirit does have relevance in how regulations are applied.
Covid-19 should have been simple - "
keep your distance" - but because of the way Regs (or Guidance) were drafted - we had sunbathing criticised !
A "Fact" could have resolved that !

If there were particular facts you wanted, please repeat or signpost.
Thanks

There you have it folks!

Goodbye Tarian Gradgrind.

Last edited:
The punk movement was very important in the fight against racism. The influence on the punk scene of the West Indian culture/reggae music cannot be understated. It all led to the Rock Against Racism.*

Just listen to Don Letts, he'll tell ya!

*Who can spot the ex-Gillingham Grammar School boy and GFC fan in this clip from RAR?!:

If thats the 1978 victoria park event then yes, I was there.
As I have said before I met Tom Robinson when we smuggled him onto the fords production line at dagenham.
The march was better and more important than the music for me as I was stewarding but it did bring in more people to the music. I preferred the ska, reggae stuff.

Sticky Mikes frog bar!!

Didn't recognise that name so googled it and it closed down a couple of years ago having been open for about 7 or 8 years. Definitely never went there whilst it was 'Sticky Mike's'.

But, I definitely know Middle Street and looking at the picture of the building I've got a feeling that it may be the same place - if not the same place then it must have been next door or next door but one - that the Spore Squatters (because they pop up everywhere!) put on a fucking great squat party in the late '90s. I remember having a great night and getting off with a gorgeous Spanish girl!

It was also the night that I lost my Gills scarf, the one I'd had for very many years. I was devastated, and gutted that I'd been so enamoured by the Spanish girl that I'd not even noticed my scarf was missing until a couple of days later. I knew I must have left it at the squat.

One of my mates in Brighton had told that I must meet Jim, apparently he was the 'other' Gillingham fan! Anyway, two or three weeks after the party I was in the pub with my mate when Jim walked in. "This is the bloke I was telling you about, this is Jim, the Gillingham fan!"

Jim and I bonded immediately over our love for the Gills and very soon he started telling me this story of how just the other week he'd been cleaning up this squat after a party and he'd noticed a blue and white football scarf. He said that he'd assumed it must be a Brighton, or possibly Chelsea, scarf but then he'd opened it up to discover that low and behold, it was only a Gillingham scarf! He was so full of enthusiasm, telling me how it he just couldn't believe it. What were the chances of finding a Gillingham scarf in the aftermath of a squat party in Brighton, ffs?!

He saw my face and the penny dropped. "Yeah", I said, "I was at that party and that was my scarf, I left it there by mistake!" He immediately started telling me that he'd get it back to me but I said, "No mate, this is fate! I was so gutted to lose it but now I know it was found by a Gillingham fan and I've seen how pleased you were to find it, I reckon you should keep it!"

We've been friends ever since.

Didn't recognise that name so googled it and it closed down a couple of years ago having been open for about 7 or 8 years. Definitely never went there whilst it was 'Sticky Mike's'.

But, I definitely know Middle Street and looking at the picture of the building I've got a feeling that it may be the same place - if not the same place then it must have been next door or next door but one - that the Spore Squatters (because they pop up everywhere!) put on a fucking great squat party in the late '90s. I remember having a great night and getting off with a gorgeous Spanish girl!

It was also the night that I lost my Gills scarf, the one I'd had for very many years. I was devastated, and gutted that I'd been so enamoured by the Spanish girl that I'd not even noticed my scarf was missing until a couple of days later. I knew I must have left it at the squat.

One of my mates in Brighton had told that I must meet Jim, apparently he was the 'other' Gillingham fan! Anyway, two or three weeks after the party I was in the pub with my mate when Jim walked in. "This is the bloke I was telling you about, this is Jim, the Gillingham fan!"

Jim and I bonded immediately over our love for the Gills and very soon he started telling me this story of how just the other week he'd been cleaning up this squat after a party and he'd noticed a blue and white football scarf. He said that he'd assumed it must be a Brighton, or possibly Chelsea, scarf but then he'd opened it up to discover that low and behold, it was only a Gillingham scarf! He was so full of enthusiasm, telling me how it he just couldn't believe it. What were the chances of finding a Gillingham scarf in the aftermath of a squat party in Brighton, ffs?!

He saw my face and the penny dropped. "Yeah", I said, "I was at that party and that was my scarf, I left it there by mistake!" He immediately started telling me that he'd get it back to me but I said, "No mate, this is fate! I was so gutted to lose it but now I know it was found by a Gillingham fan and I've seen how pleased you were to find it, I reckon you should keep it!"

We've been friends ever since.
We were there in dec 2018.