White lives matter - n/g | Vital Football

White lives matter - n/g

Yes not sure how this can be condemned. If 'black lives' matter then surely 'white lives' matter? Otherwise its a two tier system and no reasoned debate about race and equality can take place.

Why are Burnley condemning this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53145201

Are both cases the same?
No, they're not. When there was a chance to prove that white people cared about white people it wasn't taken. Instead of attacking the police, sorry "defending statues", they could have made a fuss outside of the American emabassy over Harry Dunns death. This banner isn't about people caring about white lives, it's about a bunch of fucking racists trying to create division

They are condemning it not for what it says, but because it appears as a rejection of the claim that black people have got the short end of the stick and continue to do so, plus the fact that more and more people are prepared to accept this and proposals to do something about it. If you accept that premise, then the message draws a false equivalence, is not made in good faith, is designed to have unhelpful, provocative consequences, and it also hurts the Burnley FC brand.

Personally, I think Burnley have bigger problems going on tonight's evidence.

I despair.

The day I wake up and think I'd rather I was black then things have gone too far. No chance of that happening unless I live past 100. In reality, no chance of it happening for centuries at this rate.

Wxgill, are you being deliberately ignorant?

The BLM movement is just asking for black lives to be equal to any other lives. What could be wrong with that unless you are blatantly racist.

Someone managed to find an example of one nutter who said they were more important. Of course one can find an exception. I've never encountered any such person myself.

Just because I'm white my life doesn't matter any more than any one else's.

Are we back in the 1970's when I used to be one of these ignoramuses?

Last edited:
I despair.

The day I wake up and think I'd rather I was black then things have gone too far. No chance of that happening unless I live past 100.

Wxgill, are you being deliberately ignorant?
I think both should be treated the same as they both have the same message.

I think Burnley should have just played it down to avoid unnecessary press coverage.

Come on. This is just going around in circles. it's the same conversation every day with the same points and counterpoints made again and again. If you genuinely don't realise why Burnley have disassociated themselves with it then you must be thick. Please just look at the multiple various threads on this board already discussing this at length to enlighten yourself.

You may not agree, you're entitled not to, but you must at least bloody well accept others also have their opinions and understand why they have done as they deem fit.

It's a bit like saying

Black Pride Good
Gay Pride Good
Asian Pride Good
White pride ... Evil , racist etc.

It's anti-white discrimination !

Come on. This is just going around in circles. it's the same conversation every day with the same points and counterpoints made again and again. If you genuinely don't realise why Burnley have disassociated themselves with it then you must be thick. Please just look at the multiple various threads on this board already discussing this at length to enlighten yourself.

You may not agree, you're entitled not to, but you must at least bloody well accept others also have their opinions and understand why they have done as they deem fit.
I think Burnley flagging it will make things worse.

I think both should be treated the same as they both have the same message.

I think Burnley should have just played it down to avoid unnecessary press coverage.
That is what BLM is all about. They want to be treated the same. At the moment they are not treated the same as you and I know full well.

I feel like I'm in a time warp back to the 1970's. Would you seriously rather be black wxgill? Really? I bloody well wouldn't. That's what's wrong.

I've never felt the victim of any form of racism and I've spent the last 41 years in London including 21 in the inner city (Camberwell, Peckham and Catford). Pathetic little anecdotal whinges from some people about how a black person got favoured in some circumstance just don't cut it with me.

As I implied earlier, when black people are disproportoinately over represented in positions of power then I'll start complaining about white lives mattering.

It's a bit like saying

Black Pride Good
Gay Pride Good
Asian Pride Good
White pride ... Evil , racist etc.

It's anti-white discrimination !

If this said all lives matter then we know thats where some people are coming from and its true that is what we should all be aiming for.

Its obviously a counter to the black lives matter slogan. Except the thickos cannot understand that the slogan came from the killing of unarmed black people in america without recourse to justice.
The fact that human rights and statue toppling has been added to it does not change the original issue.

The people putting up the banner are just fanning the flames by adding white lives matter - wtf does that even mean. Why not say ‘the sky is blue’ or some other stupid slogan?
As I say if it was all lives matter then benefit of the doubt. These are the same people that used the slogan ‘there aint no black in the union jack’ in the seventies.

We don’t need White Lives Matter following the Reading attack. Why?
- the perpetrator was immediately arrested
- we can imagine he’ll face the highest charges
- the incident was investigated as a terrorist attack and officially designated as such later that night
- huge media coverage
- huge outpouring of grief, two minute silence
- condemnation of attacker

Sounds like white lives matter to me.

Why is there Black Lives Matter? Because too many times In USA black people get assaulted and even murdered by white police officers after being pointlessly pulled over, only for the case to be hushed up and the officer moved to different departments. Paltry investigation. Paltry justice. No action. No media and no grief. At some point there’s the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

If you’re not getting it after the many posts and protests over these last few weeks, then you never will. What’s the point in debating it if you won’t listen to the arguments?

Last edited:

Time to bring out the cartoon strip again!

Perhaps 'all lives matter' would have been better on the plane towel thing. White Lives Matter as a counter to Black Lives Matter is a bit hypocritical if the intention is to highlight the divisive nature of blm. I think people have just had enough of all the crap going on. The blm on shirts, the media agenda.

Ben Mee claiming he does not want to be associated with a banner that says "White Lives Matter" ?

Perhaps he ought to have a conversation with the relatives of three white men who were enjoying a day out in a park in Reading on Saturday until they encountered a man of colour.

Murder is murder. Plain and simple. If there are racial overtones, be it a bigoted policeman or a radicalised youth, their views are not going to be changed by statue vandalism, looting of pharmacies, symbolism or right-on bandwagon jumping with such a simplistic slogan that, when challenged, does not mean what it appears to mean in it's inclusivity.

If they identify the pilot of the plane, what are they going to charge him with? If they try it he can claim free speech and accuse the police of racism, as all he was saying is no more or less valid than what was being allowed to be expressed down on the pitch.

We don’t need White Lives Matter following the Reading attack. Why?
- the perpetrator was immediately arrested
- we can imagine he’ll face the highest charges
- the incident was investigated as a terrorist attack and officially designated as such later that night
- huge media coverage
- huge outpouring of grief, two minute silence
- condemnation of attacker
Sounds like white lives matter to me.

All those points (apart from the terrorism connection which is still racist) apply to George Floyd's murder as well. You say "In USA black people get assaulted and even murdered by white police officers" - well this will be the test case and if Floyd's murderer gets a light sentence, that is the time to protest because THAT is the issue that needs to be highlighted and challenged. as does excessive stop and search of black citizens in the UK.