White lives matter - n/g | Page 3 | Vital Football

White lives matter - n/g

Lanks summed it up.

This is simple. If you are really just pointing out that we need unity and therefore all lives matter then fantastic.
If you don't like the accusation that you are a white privileged, slave owning, colonialist who does not know history when in fact you are not a racist and we are all one human race then fantastic.

Using the black lives matter slogan has thrown up a few problems but that is because of how it started. It actually means all lives matter.

If however you are saying white lives matter just to purposely stir hate then you are part of the racist right wing element and need to search you conscience.

It would be interesting to see how much support BLM has amongst the population.
With MSM supporting it and promoting it , it's difficult to say.
Sky news and the Beeb do like their polls , and it's noticeable that they haven't polled in regards this subject.
If they are confident that this movement really has the backing of the British public , why haven't they demonstrated it ?

They also have not polled how many racists are in the country.
What is your objection to the real aim of the movement (not the crap sideshow)?
Do you support discrimination and hatred?

Why can't you understand, wx, that in the current context when people say, 'White Lives Matter' that implies that Black Lives Don't Matter.

Conversely, when people say, 'Black Lives Matter', the implication is that All Lives Matter.

You might argue that this is crazy but can you not at least grasp the concept, even if you don't agree with it?!
To me saying Black lives matter or white live matter sets of something untoward in my head.

Saying all lives matter does not inflame or discriminate. Which i think is the point here.

I see your point but do not agree that both messages are not ok to say only the black lives message is ok.

Was the plane slogan just a stunt or were they trying to say ALL lives matter? If the latter why are they being slated?

I suppose they might have been, wxgill. I get where you`re coming from. But the manner of the messaging was unhelpful to everyone, unnecessarily provocative and provided even more fanning of a fire that`s already well out of control.

To me saying Black lives matter or white live matter sets of something untoward in my head.

Saying all lives matter does not inflame or discriminate. Which i think is the point here.

I see your point but do not agree that both messages are not ok to say only the black lives message is ok.

WX - white lives have always mattered, where as currently black lives don't matter. Hence the slogan.

Does it sit any better when you bear that in mind?

I suppose they might have been, wxgill. I get where you`re coming from. But the manner of the messaging was unhelpful to everyone, unnecessarily provocative and provided even more fanning of a fire that`s already well out of control.
Talking of unhelpful, available from your friendly Amazon although subject to complaints from Police Federation so hopefully not available for much longer
Capture.jpg

This banner isn't about people caring about white lives, it's about a bunch of fucking racists trying to create division
What is your evidence for this ?
Do you know the people concerned ?

If "White lives matter " is "racist" ... in what possible universe is "Black lives matter" not "racist" ?

Surely this is yet another of the double-standards deployed by SJWs ?
Or maybe they just don't think.....and just repeat the latest SJW meme....

Try re-writing the last sentence of the quote as if written about BLM protests:
"This banner isn't about people caring about black lives, it's about a bunch of fucking racists trying to create division"

How do you feel ? Insulted ?
Or maybe "Fair point, I hadn't thought of it in that way."

ALL lives matter.

If "White lives matter " is "racist" ... in what possible universe is "Black lives matter" not "racist" ?

"This banner isn't about people caring about black lives, it's about a bunch of fucking racists trying to create division"

ALL lives matter.

Right on time

I referenced this on another thread (Pre Kick off) yesterday. I had to check it out as I thought it might be fake news - it isn`t !!!!
Nope, as the saying goes, this shit is real. Feelings are running high over this and there could be a similar backlash to that caused by the Lush ad campaign a couple if years ago. A well known police friendly social media page that sells merchandise is already on the case.
FB_IMG_1592914055962.jpg

ALL lives matter.

You never do get a point or you have no historical knowledge. Its been explained very simply above.

They are condemning it not for what it says, but because it appears as a rejection of the claim that black people have got the short end of the stick and continue to do so, plus the fact that more and more people are prepared to accept this and proposals to do something about it. If you accept that premise, then the message draws a false equivalence, is not made in good faith, is designed to have unhelpful, provocative consequences.
So are there no - or very few white people on poor estates with "the short end of the stick" ?

A few years ago, my Council had a report about kids under-achieving at GCSE.
Officials led on the statistic that 40% of black kids were failing to get 3 (or maybe 5) GCSEs.

Then someone pointed out the actual numbers in the cohort..
Approx. 35 black kids (out of ~90) (~40%)
Approx. 430 white kids (out of ~3,300) (~13%)

Which kicked up a storm about whether resources were being diverted away from over 400 kids - and why didn't they matter too ?

.... and it also hurts the Burnley FC brand.
Yes.
Failing to see the need to be even-handed could "hurt the Burnley brand"

So are there no - or very few white people on poor estates with "the short end of the stick" ?

A few years ago, my Council had a report about kids under-achieving at GCSE.
Officials led on the statistic that 40% of black kids were failing to get 3 (or maybe 5) GCSEs.

Then someone pointed out the actual numbers in the cohort..
Approx. 35 black kids (out of ~90) (~40%)
Approx. 430 white kids (out of ~3,300) (~13%)

Which kicked up a storm about whether resources were being diverted away from over 400 kids - and why didn't they matter too ?

Yes.
Failing to see the need to be even-handed could "hurt the Burnley brand"
Im not surprised the seemingly white make up of your local borough (only 2.6% black) kicked off. Just shows even more racism and politics of jealousy and not understanding their privilege. That figure of 40% compared with 13% of white people is astonishing. If you really think black people have it easy, surely then you'd rather be black? Can you genuinely say youd rather be black now? You claim they are so privileged compared to us.

If you genuinely don't realise why Burnley have disassociated themselves with it then you must be thick..
Or if:
"You genuinely don't see why "White lives matter" is no different from "Black lives matter" then you must be .......
(Stop ! I shouldn't be a hypocrite and sink to personal abuse.....:rolleyes: )

"Please just look at the multiple various threads on this board already discussing this at length to enlighten yourself."....
....as to why many people think ALL lives matter.

Last edited:

ALL lives matter.

Those who flew that banner are racists. Do a little looking if you need to.

Why is there Black Lives Matter? Because too many times In USA black people get assaulted and even murdered by white police officers after being pointlessly pulled over, only for the case to be hushed up and the officer moved to different departments.
So whats does the data show on Police shootings in the USA ?

Around 1,000 deaths p.a. by police in recent years.
The vast majority being in shoot-outs with armed criminals.

In 2018, around 200 deaths were black, with some 400 being white.

Data also seems to show that a disproportionate amount of violent crime involves black criminals. (i.e. whites are guilty of a lot of non-violent crime).

So when adjusted for who is carrying guns - and using them in shoot-outs - it looks as if more whites could be getting killed as a proportion of police shoot-outs.

Apparently the number of unarmed people killed last year by the police has recently been updated to 15 black and 25 white.

For ALL of those families the issue of trigger-happy cops must be raw.

But spread those 40 unarmed deaths over the whole of the US and they become tragic, individual incidents - many by un-related police forces.

Surely attributing "racial bias" as a determining factor is a stretch from such a flimsy statistic ?
Where is the evidence of some sort of conspiracy amongst distant police forces?

None of which should be construed as complacency about US gun culture.