Whilst browning up on my hammock | Vital Football

Whilst browning up on my hammock

89spartans_12/03/77

Vital Squad Member
Anyways, one of our stable boys had his radio on which was playing ‘car wash.’ I quickly thrashed him with my riding cane for his impertinence but
Was instantly thrown back in time to march 1977 and Sheffield Wednesday away. What a day.
‘Boogie Nights’ always reminds me of that day as well.
My point: songs that take you back to games of the past.

Oh I totally agree, although not sure ‘the charts’ count these days in the same way though?
Party Fears 2 by The Associates always reminds me of Chesterfield away 2-0 back in April 81’ 🎶

I have to say that your initial thread headline smacks of a euphemism but I seem to remember we were always pumping out Going Underground by the Jam pre-match in the good times early 80's

The one that annoyed me ( other than the abomination of Sweet Caroline that is) was Bad Day by someone who's name I've forgotten. It seemed to get played every time we lost at home which at the time about 20 years ago was quite a lot. Someone thought that was ironic I suppose

There was a period in the mid-90s that ‘Two Can Play at that Game’ by Bobby Brown was played ad nauseum over the tannoy at SB.

Anyways, one of our stable boys had his radio on which was playing ‘car wash.’ I quickly thrashed him with my riding cane for his impertinence but
Was instantly thrown back in time to march 1977 and Sheffield Wednesday away. What a day.
‘Boogie Nights’ always reminds me of that day as well.
My point: songs that take you back to games of the past.
Boogie Nights and Car Wash. Ooooh, takes me back. Queueing up to enter a disco in 77 in Great Yarmouth. My first none parent holiday. One mate tells the others qeueing that I'm a world breakdance champion. Bloody nightmare 20 mins I spent trying to convince them I wasn't. I even have two left feet.

Sorry it's off topic but it took me back.

It must have been in the late 1960s when Cliff Richard's 'Congratulations' was played after every home win.

Goodnight Irene and Come on Eileen, among the more pointless songs sung at us during various poor spells.

Is there no end to the things CA has done at Sincil Bank? Taking over the Poacher costume must be one of the few roles not on his his CV.