Which team do you dislike but don't know why? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Which team do you dislike but don't know why?

I have an irrational dislike for Brighton. I guess it originated for a good reason due to the fact they seemed to hold an over-the-top grudge and dislike of us for over the groundshare some years back; I in turn have held a grudge since, which has been accenuated that my sister-in-law and her boys are Brighton fans and constantly full of it in recent times. Plus they have a bit of an air of happy clappiness. Funnily enough, for a similar reason, I also have a dislike of their rivals, Crystal Palace, ever since they introduced, overly orchestrated cringeowrthy fake ultras.

I also have a dislike of West Ham, which a lot of people do, but mine is slightly stronger and a bit irrationally OTT. I think it just comes from being brought up in Medway and knowing quite a few West Ham "fans" - a lot of whom have no links to East London, but seem to see their support for West Ham as a wide-boy badge of honour. For example, they seem to act like Danny Dyer when talking about football and call West Ham, "West 'am" or "the 'ammers", when they usally pronounce their "hs". I also work with quite a lot of Essex boys of a similar ilk as the Medway fake wideboy Mockneys.

I also have a dislike of West Ham, which a lot of people do, but mine is slightly stronger and a bit irrationally OTT. I think it just comes from being brought up in Medway and knowing quite a few West Ham "fans" - a lot of whom have no links to East London, but seem to see their support for West Ham as a wide-boy badge of honour.

Loads of people support teams that they have no links to, and a lot of those teams are more successful than West Ham and more than 35 miles away from Medway

Loads of people support teams that they have no links to, and a lot of those teams are more successful than West Ham and more than 35 miles away from Medway

Yes, but the theme of the post is about those you irrationally hate - everyone right-minded Gills or lower league fan hates gloryhunters who support Man Utd, Liverpool and co...

Birmingham for me too but don't know why.

I have a pathological hatred of Manchester United but that is fully understood and completely rational.......................

Yet still people are missing the point of the original question which was: "Are there more on here with a similar dislike of a certain team for no apparent reason?"

Everyone's stating teams they hate, and giving perfectly reasonable reasons for hating them.
You're absolutely right AK however.... I have to say, at the same time some of the reasoning makes good reading. I also have teams I detest, for a reason, but WBA..... lord knows how that came to pass, but it's real and I have absolutely no reason to try to change it.

Strangely enough, not hate so much, but for exactly the same reason as MM said earlier for my whole time of watching football (I am 46) whenever I have seen villa are on tv my first thought has been “boring”. In the mid to late 80s they were a regular top 6 side. Even now, with Grelish playing they are performing well yet I still associate villa with boring.

Also agree with the West Ham hatred. “We won the World Cup” fucking grates.....

Strangely enough, not hate so much, but for exactly the same reason as MM said earlier for my whole time of watching football (I am 46) whenever I have seen villa are on tv my first thought has been “boring”. In the mid to late 80s they were a regular top 6 side. Even now, with Grelish playing they are performing well yet I still associate villa with boring.

Also agree with the West Ham hatred. “We won the World Cup” fucking grates.....
So what you're saying is that theres two clubs you have good reasons to hate... But not actually answering the question.

Random dislikes:
Albion Rovers - where?
Sittingbourne - abandoned pre season friendly early 80's
Mansfield - thanks to Beechings was the biggest town in England without a railway station when I used to go away games by train. They have a reopened station now but too late.
Santos - mercenary bastards trading on Pele. Would tour 12 months a year, leaving the reserves to play in Brazil. In early 70's played Fulham and Plymouth before capacity crowds and refused to come out for second half until paid extra.

Random dislikes:
Albion Rovers - where?
I like the fact that quite a few Scottish clubs don't include the name of the town in their names (Queen of the South anyone?). I used to travel round Scotland for work a lot and it wasn't unusual to be on a non descript road in a non descript town and suddenly come across a crappy, dilapidated ground (most of them were crappy and dilapidated) and go - 'oooh, it's Kilt Tuggers Academicals stadium!'. Well it passed the time of day.

The walk to the ground from the station is depressing. I recall a wet Tuesday night in the Stimson era for a 0-0. The quality of the football matched the weather.
...and you have to virtually walk through someones bathroom to get in the away end, or at least you did mid '90s. Once in the I think the view was also impaired by the low seating - and Jim Stannard's large frame

Mine's a bit of a different take: I dislike all the premier league teams apart from Palace, who I've got a bit of a soft spot for. But I hate West Ham, Spurs, Leeds and particularly Brighton

I would say Wimbledon, but I think that the rivalry has intensified from their standpoint over the years since the 1980s or 1970s when a 'reception committee' from Gillingham turned up to greet Wimbledon fans when they played a (then) a non-league fixture against (then) Gravesend & Northfleet. Not helped in recent years given how a certain group of Fulham 'fans' would turn up in the home ends when they hosted us at Kingston. And they seem to be our bogie team.

Come to think of it, I've never really been fond of Ebbsfleet United. I mean, they are non-league, no threat, but seem irritating. Probably stems back to a time I was on a train going back towards North Kent from Charing Cross earlier the same day that Ebbsfleet had beaten Torquay to win the FA Trophy (2008?), and there was a full--blown brawl on said train near Dartford involving 100 fans of Charlton and Millwall who had over-indulged at Wembley.

But I have an irrational dislike of Coventry. I mean, they have some of the best travelling fans in the country, we achieved one of our most historic results ever by dispatching them at Highfield Road in the League Cup. And I was properly pleased when they managed to renegotiate a deal to return to the Ricoh Arena... and yet I hate away games at Coventry.

Could it be the journey from the town centre to the soulless area surrounding the Ricoh Arena? Being 4-0 down at half-time during a top-of-the-league clash in 2015/16? Could be..